This is a total conversion mod

#1High Priest HikusaakPosted 10/25/2010 6:27:21 AM
In the end, so what? It's a good total conversion mod.
Yes you pay for it. I'd pay for a good total conversion mod, no question.

---
The Circle Rune says...
"Nothing's cheaper than something free."
#2Rip_Van_WinkleXPosted 10/25/2010 6:31:36 AM
You could say the same about KotoR2. Same engine >.< Hell, you could say Fallout 3 is a total conversion mod for oblivion.
#3wis3boiPosted 10/25/2010 6:52:52 AM

god forbid a game use the same engine and basic mechanics

#4RedcountPosted 10/25/2010 6:54:55 AM
Space bar is jump in this game.

Clearly a lazy-ass attempt at a Super Mario Brothers expansion.
---
"There's a lot of bleeding hearts around who just don't like to see people around with helmets and guns. All I can say is go on and bleed." - Trudeau
#5DerickWicksPosted 10/25/2010 6:57:44 AM

it's not that they used the same engine that makes it a TC it's that they recycled all the content from fo3 that does not to mention, is very cheap and lame but with that said this game is everything fo3 should have been. i paid for it and would again :)

#6TamericPosted 10/25/2010 7:00:22 AM
You might as well say that Half Life 2 was a total conversion mod of Counter Strike: Source because they both use the Source engine.
---
http://www.cubeupload.com/files/55800bestmodoverturnevar.png
#7_BaronOfHell_Posted 10/25/2010 7:00:22 AM
it's not that they used the same engine that makes it a TC it's that they recycled all the content from fo3 that does not to mention, is very cheap and lame but with that said this game is everything fo3 should have been. i paid for it and would again :)

They recycled the resources, not the content, huge difference
---
Steam - The Poopflinger | Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/Baron_Of_Hell
#8Son_of_Lucian04Posted 10/25/2010 7:04:21 AM
The devs were given about a year to work with, most devs that create game engines and resources from scratch had been developing their engines for YEARS. Source, Gamebryo and X-Ray all started their development cycle close to 10 years ago, so they aren't exactly "NEW" engines and it is far cheaper to just recycle assets from a prior title which gives you more time to focus on new assests without having to blow your wad in game development.

I never hated FO3, but the story absolutely sucked, Obsidian fixed that while adding some cool new features. Buggy release or not, FONV is a much better game than FO3 (Without mods).
---
You guys can have your shorter kill times with your fancy sharp swords and bludgeoning weapons. I'll spend the extra 5 minutes looking awesome. - Typhlax
#9sicknessgcnPosted 10/25/2010 7:07:03 AM
SPACE BAR JUMPING seems to be catching on. Even in Indie games like Minecraft.
---
you got some herpe on your upper lip there
#10pkay45Posted 10/25/2010 7:21:48 AM
Yeah but what about the LOADS of stuff they added and improved upon? How come that gets overlooked?