Other songs in Radio New Vegas

#1Deadman2XtremePosted 10/29/2010 6:31:56 AM
I love how all the songs in the PC version are mp3's and there's actually 48 songs.
I wonder if it's a bug.
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6619/radionewvegas.jpg
#2TomoEK9Posted 10/29/2010 6:33:19 AM
Some of the songs are just ambient music.
#3PaskyPosted 10/29/2010 6:35:47 AM
No, Obsidian is just extremely bad about testing or something. A lot of the music does not get played for some weird reason which is why you hear a lot of the same songs over and over. I can't believe how many blunders they've made, like with the latest patch breaking Raul's quest and no hotfix or anything.
---
I think, therefore I am not Barry Burton.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4535/ohhaii.jpg
#4Deadman2Xtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2010 6:57:07 AM
@TomoEK9
No, the ambient music is in another folder.
#5VasDeferensPosted 10/29/2010 7:01:25 AM
There's a mod out that addresses that, I think (it's not mine btw):

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35376

from the description

This is my first mod and relatively simple -- it adjusts how often the headliner/special RNV songs get played and it also puts 6 songs in between each news brief. Details below:

--Unmodded RNV will either do a generic intro or a special intro for one of its headliner songs (e.g. "Sometimes your spurs go jingle jangle" --> Jingle Jangle is coming up).

--With this mod, the special intros will not play until 9 "generic" songs have played. This allows the less known songs to get some more air time.

--On top of that, there are 6 songs between each news brief (instead of the default 3) and there will be no repeats in the mix.

All in all, it should be more music, more varied music and less repeated vocals.
#6monkeyboyrobotPosted 10/30/2010 9:10:07 AM
Nice try.

"There are 48 songs in the FONV Music folder but that spans all of the Radio Stations and special songs throughout the game. For example, ~10% are classical and ~10% are mellow jazz and both belong to their own stations. Additionally there is another station that shares some of Radio New Vegas's songs but has other more country/western ones too.

Radio New Vegas though is not scripted to use all 48 -- only 20 are used in the original code. However the way those 20 are called by the RNV scripts incidentally weights a portion of them to occur more often, namely all of the big name songs such as Blue Moon, Ain't That a Kick in the Head, etc.

This mod is designed to leave Radio New Vegas with the song selection as intended by Obsidian but to weight them differently so all 20 songs get a fairer amount of time. It is not designed to include all 48 songs, nor do I have plans to create a version that does -- for me as a player I would find that too thematically dissonant with the tone of RNV."

-Mod Maker guy

Someone make an actual 48 song mod.

OR...Maybe those other songs are actually played NOT on the radio? Like if you went to the shows in Vegas? Maybe some are live songs? Maybe? I haven't tried.

---
Sid The Magikarp Master 2921 5569 3524
#7KungpowkittenPosted 10/30/2010 10:30:26 AM
Blue Moon and Ain't that a Kick never play for me...

I'm stuck with Johny Guitar...over and over...and over QQ
---
Get those Fryers ready, because I am MY LEG