Dealing with Contreras Broken?

#1Viper114Posted 10/29/2010 9:09:16 AM
So, Contreras at the back of Fort McCarran wanted me to do some odd jobs to allow access to his "secret" stash. I figured it could be worth it, so I go ahead with it. I do the first two errands without issue. But then comes the third errand.

I go to meet Price at Miguel's Pawn Shop, but turns out another guy is there and he failed the password. So I head back to Contreras, and he tells me to kill this other guy. So I go back to the Pawn Shop and talk to this guy again and find out he's an undercover Ranger and Contreras is a problem, so he suggests I talk to Boyd about it. So, back to the Fort, I go talk to Boyd, and she doesn't have any dialogue option to rat Contreras out. Contreras now has no other dialogue options other than his Shop, telling me where Price would be or leaving. The undercover Ranger at the shop now only has an option to leave or kill him, which I don't want to do without losing NCR rep.

So, it looks like this unmarked quest is broken for me. I can't turn Contreras in because Boyd won't allow the dialogue option to do so. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is and how they got past it? This is pretty much the only quest problem I've had ever in both Fallout 3 and now New Vegas, everything else worked properly...
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#2trikstr7Posted 10/29/2010 9:10:58 AM
Did you pull the manifest (I think that's what it's called) off of his terminal? It's proof that Contreras has been selling weapons on the side and it might be necessary to turn him in.
---
Sigged
PSN: TrikSane
#3Viper114(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2010 9:12:23 AM
No, I didn't. No one ever mentioned trying such a thing. I might give that a try tonight when I jump back on and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."