The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

If I tell a follower its time to part ways, can I get them back later?

#1pro9b17Posted 11/14/2010 3:30:29 AM
I want Rex out of my party for a little while. If I tell him "It's time for us to part ways" is he gone for good?
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#2pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2010 3:31:19 AM
Bump...this board is fast
---
#3ZetgobPosted 11/14/2010 3:32:21 AM
You can get them back. They return to where you originally recruited them, IE with the King if Rex. Once you get the Lucky 38 suite, you can also send them there.
#4pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2010 3:33:11 AM
Thanks!
---
#5ViEtNoBoYPosted 11/14/2010 3:33:35 AM
Not all return to their original location.
Raul returns to his home, not his prison.

But yes, you can get back all followers.
---
Official Neophyte of the Disbanded Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Veterans
Gamertag-ViEtNoBoi
#6sirabcPosted 11/14/2010 7:58:52 AM
But you need to be careful where you release them. If it is far from their waiting place, it might take some time for them to get there or they might get stuck along the way. I sent Veronica back to Lucky 38 from Black Mountain and after a few days have passed, I couldn't find her. Went to Neil's Shack and found her walking. At that pace, it would have taken a month to get back to Lucky 38!
#7VasDeferensPosted 11/14/2010 10:02:03 AM
So it's advisable to fast travel to the original location (or close to it) release your companion and fast travel back to where you were ?
#8sirabcPosted 11/14/2010 11:23:42 PM
"So it's advisable to fast travel to the original location (or close to it) release your companion and fast travel back to where you were ?"

That would be the safest. Or you could make a permanent save, run around a bit, then check if they're there. I had Lily with me. Part of her quest is to tell her to check with the doctor to test the stealthboy. Well, I delayed that because of that happens next---I needed to level up to pass a speech check---so, I had her at the Lucky 38 and told her to see the doctor. She said okay and ran out! I followed, went to Jacobstown. Waited. Fast traveled around. Sold some of my gear. Fast traveled more. Waited. She never showed up. Reload old save.
#9gaara999999Posted 11/14/2010 11:59:56 PM

"So it's advisable to fast travel to the original location (or close to it) release your companion and fast travel back to where you were ?"

That would be the safest. Or you could make a permanent save, run around a bit, then check if they're there. I had Lily with me. Part of her quest is to tell her to check with the doctor to test the stealthboy. Well, I delayed that because of that happens next---I needed to level up to pass a speech check---so, I had her at the Lucky 38 and told her to see the doctor. She said okay and ran out! I followed, went to Jacobstown. Waited. Fast traveled around. Sold some of my gear. Fast traveled more. Waited. She never showed up.

And that is the point when you use console commands to teleport her to you.
---
Your Existance is a plothole - Kaiolini
You aren't on YouTube so this makes your topic not real so hurhurhur. -Drekerr