The console commande to raise skill points doesn't seem to work.

#1Rogue_Leader_XPosted 12/1/2010 9:50:56 PM
Hey, I missed the "Educated" perk early on and therefore missed out on alot of the skill points I could have gotten with it. I tried using the console command "modpcs" to modify this back to what it would have been if I had taken this perk when it was first offered. However, the console command does not appear to work. I type in, lets say "Modpcs Science 40". However, it doesn't change the skill point value for that attribute. What gives here?
#2Rogue_Leader_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2010 10:09:42 PM
Hmmmm I tried another one, player.modav and that seems to actually work
#3RiP_iliPosted 12/2/2010 1:24:47 AM

If you use any console commands and don't want to miss any achievements, be sure to save and restart your game after entering the command. Anytime a console command is entered, acheivements are immediately disabled for that play session. I learned that the hard way.

#4Strawberry_JumPosted 12/2/2010 2:43:10 AM
The one listed in the cheat section works fine. I think it's player.setav (skill) #.

And yeah, save and reload. I also learned about achievements the hard way (though it's nice getting them in my legit playthrough).

---
Steam ID: zephkiel_olandos
Steam games: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas
#5xfyrenxPosted 12/2/2010 2:55:13 AM
It's still annoying having to reload the game after using the console for TCL because I fell through a rock or got stuck behind something though.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
I feel stupid for being smart.
#6MoonScar119Posted 12/2/2010 5:57:49 AM
I prefer "player.forceav XXX YYY"

It'll force the command and not add to it like modav does

Personal favorite when I want to avoide traveling back and fourth while searching for goodies "player.forceav carryweight 1000000"

Nothing like being able to carry around a million pounds of weight containing 100 suits of power armor. lol

---
The innocent only exist until they inevitably become perpetrators. Guilt or innocence is a matter of timing.