BoS Bunker Key, When/Where to Find?

#1RatsnevePosted 1/11/2011 3:14:32 PM

I've run across a round manhole cover that states something like 'BoS (Blades of Steel) Abandoned Bunker' and that a key is required to open.

Without spilling all the beans is this something I can access now and if so where is the key? Or is this something that will naturally come up later on?

There is another set of 4 bunkers in the same general area but they have been abandoned. As my lockpick skill improves I return to open up a higher level door but so far have found nothing in any of these. Only one left needing 100 on the skill.

Thanks.

#2Ratsneve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2011 3:35:41 PM

This is one reason why I HATE DLCs by and large. Apparently the Dead Money DLC opens up this BoS bunker but that DLC is only available on the Xbox 360 console. This kind of exclusivity sucks! I'm going to forget the bunker exists and much like FO 3 not wait around for any NV DLCs to appear. I'm not going to play the game. I try to play on the good side and don't replay these games often. That's my opinion--yours will be different no doubt.

#3Ratsneve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2011 3:39:09 PM

Ratsneve posted...

This is one reason why I HATE DLCs by and large. Apparently the Dead Money DLC opens up this BoS bunker but that DLC is only available on the Xbox 360 console. This kind of exclusivity sucks! I'm going to forget the bunker exists and much like FO 3 not wait around for any NV DLCs to appear. I'm not going to play the game. I try to play on the good side and don't replay these games often. That's my opinion--yours will be different no doubt.

Correction... I'm not going to play the DLC game. I have every intention of finishing NV...assuming I don't now have fatal corruption in my save games. That answer will have to wait in another post.

#4Jules RulesPosted 1/11/2011 3:46:23 PM
Dead Money will come out for PC soon.. calm down.
---
http://i34.tinypic.com/wtauc7.gif
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#5HellFireXSPosted 1/11/2011 9:32:49 PM
I have no problem waiting, but I dont much like DLC that fills in parts of the world all ready there, it just feels like they had that part there then cut it to sell it back to us later. It also makes my game feel incomplete with out it.

Ones that add new stuff that wasnt originally there I love though.
---
Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (3.5GHz OC), 8GB DDR3-1333 Memory, Two eVGA 480 GTX 1.5GB Video Cards (SLI), Two 1TB HDD (Raid-0), Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit), 1200w PSU.
#6JonWood007Posted 1/11/2011 9:40:34 PM
I refuse to buy DLC anyway...I think it's a scam. I pay $50 for a game and then they try to shake me down for more. Screw that. I'll take my vanilla game.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: Celeron 900 | 3 GB DDR2 | GMA 4500m | 250 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#7shark547Posted 1/12/2011 11:10:04 AM

I guess I am not sure about the man hole cover, but, you can reach the BoS through one of the abandoned bunker. There are a bunch of quests you can do for them. Not sure if I am answering your question or not........been a little while since I finished the game so my memory is a little fuzzy.

#8Dasim64Posted 1/12/2011 2:09:05 PM

Just so you know it's the Brotherhood of Steel and they are already in the NV game without havingany DLC. There are quests that involve them in the vanilla game.

As for the DLC, I won't be buying them individually. I'll wait until they are all released on a single GotY edition or whatever and then get it from the used shelf at Gamestop whenever it shows up there. It's a total rip to pay full price for each DLC. I found that out the hard way with FO3.