Good Energy weapon mods?

#1RawePosted 5/15/2011 10:23:11 AM
I just started an energy weapon build, what sort of mods do you guys suggest?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3
#2joefitts63Posted 5/15/2011 12:38:25 PM
One of the many that eliminate the problem with permanent goo piles would be a good start. Someone listed them all in a recent post if you want to look for it.
---
"Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull then ram it in an eye socket, I know I'm buildin' a better future." - Smiling Jack
#3AllHailTheDead6Posted 5/15/2011 5:09:44 PM
anyone remember what that energy suit was?

it was like samus' suit.
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#4SushiSquidPosted 5/15/2011 5:35:57 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959559-fallout-new-vegas/59098653

Other than that, Energy Weapons are actually pretty good in the base game. When the game first came out, Guns were objectively better and there was no reason to bother with Energy Weapons, but after a few patches both are good options and have a different feel from one another. You don't really need a mod to make Energy Weapons better now; they're already worth using.
#5stinger792Posted 5/15/2011 6:25:18 PM
Someone made a port of FO3's Energy Visuals Enhanced for NV, you can get it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GSVXVZY

Though, I'd use that at your own risk, because for me, ED-E is unable to attack when that mod is active.
---
R&C SM online name: Sting6
Gamer Tag:Sting56
#6Sir_ThomasPosted 5/16/2011 9:41:47 AM
There are two unique energy weapons in the Identity Crisis Part 1 mod; the plasma shotgun, and the Stargazer. You have to find the parts and craft both weapons. It is a very satisfying quest mod. Just remember that your options are determined by your computer console responses. When you find beautiful women horribly murdered, the correct emotional response is outrage and a desire for revenge. Anything else, and you don't get the clues you need to find the parts to make the weapons. There is also a very accurate missile launcher that you have to sacrifice to make the Stargazer. If you want to keep the launcher, place it in a container; open the console; select the container and type showinventory, and create a duplicate, then sacrifice only one of the launchers.