Legendary Deathclaw

#1FanofMoHPosted 6/19/2011 12:50:16 PM
Is it just me or is he a peace of cake? All it took was a grenade and a bullet, simple as that. And for the record, this was not on Very Hard and I shall never try it that way. I am not a gamer who enjoys super-difficulty. I prefer fun.
---
[This signiture was deleted at the request of Chuck Norris]
#2pandaboschPosted 6/19/2011 2:42:08 PM
Well if you upped the difficulty it might be harder or if you try to take on the Deathclaw under level 20. I'm just wondering why you posted.
#3FanofMoH(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 3:58:51 PM(edited)
I played it on default difficulty.
*edit and I was only level 24.
---
#4minimarkPosted 6/20/2011 7:02:54 AM
he posted b/c he wanted to know if anyone else thought it was easy
#5cmburchPosted 6/20/2011 10:13:21 AM

Try having 4 or 5 Quarry Junction deathclaws chasing. Where is the legendary located? At the promotory? I on purpose did not kill the mother or Alpha male near the quarry for hope of respawning. I drop frag mines as I approach a bunch then run back past the mines I dropped and drop some more. Then I just pick them off as they limp. I also fast travel to the BOS safe house to pick off the Gypsum Train yard deathclaws. The legenday Cazador was hard for me to kill.

#6SKA_Posted 6/20/2011 10:43:36 AM
the cazadors are only really hard on hardcore where a venom sting is a death sentence to a companion. on non hardcore you can have your companions meat shield you while you get free potshots at the rather low health cazadors
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#7cmburchPosted 6/20/2011 2:20:32 PM

I leave my companions back at Lucky 38, so I can have their perks. I used them initially for carrying and their quests. On hardcore mode they die falling off cliffs or attacking too many foes. I was reloading too much whenever they died. I died several times while fighting all the cazador and the legendary cazador in the cave. For some reason, it seems that when the deathclaws respawn near quarry, BOS safe house, gypsum train yard they tend to be 3 small deathclaws and 1 normal size deathclaw.

#8FanofMoH(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2011 6:09:42 PM
cmburch posted...
Try having 4 or 5 Quarry Junction deathclaws chasing. Where is the legendary located? At the promotory? I on purpose did not kill the mother or Alpha male near the quarry for hope of respawning. I drop frag mines as I approach a bunch then run back past the mines I dropped and drop some more. Then I just pick them off as they limp. I also fast travel to the BOS safe house to pick off the Gypsum Train yard deathclaws. The legenday Cazador was hard for me to kill.

Legendary is located at the Dead Wind caverns, somewhat north of Nipton.
---
#9IqarP15Posted 6/21/2011 11:08:17 AM
all the legendaries are easy since the player can pick them off when they are alone except maybe the deathclaw as it has 1-2 in the same room as it. Mines are my best friend when fighting the spawns of L.cazador and L.deathclaw
---
"I like applesauce" Billybot
#10jonas66Posted 6/21/2011 11:42:21 AM
This is a legendary deathclaw. Or at least he will be.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/241581-1307272827.jpg
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?