Best new perks?

#1Time_pantsPosted 9/24/2011 9:59:43 AM
Looking at LR, it seems like there are some awesome new perks. Is the one with 20% faster firing speed as good as it looks? That, along with the trait for increased firing speed looks like it could make for a monstrous character.
#2SKA_Posted 9/24/2011 11:17:58 AM
all the perks added with LR are pretty meh, the good ones require lvl 50 by which time you have already did everything in the game and are a god walking amongst mere mortals.

that said, i think the neutral karma lvl 50 perk is the best, 50% more crit damage makes 10% more damage or 20% attack speed look like crap.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#3EchoBeamPosted 9/24/2011 11:47:02 AM
Ain't Like That Now - Bad Karma (-250) : +25% AP regeneration rate, +20% attack speed, immunity to critical hits. Karma reset to 0.
Just Lucky I'm Alive - Neutral Karma (-250 to 250) : +4 Luck for 3 minutes upon finishing a battle with less than 25% health; immunity to critical hits, +50% critical damage
Thought You Died - Good Karma (250+) : +10 Health per 100 Karma (+100 total health); +10% damage, immunity to critical hits. Karma reset to 0.

+4 luck for 3 minutes is completely useless if you have 6+ or more luck, and you need to be nearly dead for it to activate. This is made up for slightly by the +50% critical damage, which is nice, but obviously only works when you critically hit.

Thought You Died seems to give +100 to total max hit points if your karma is at 1000 when you get the perk. I'm not sure if this is how it is meant to work, since I assumed you needed to get karma up from 0 so that you'd get +10 more hp every 100 karma, but it seems to take immediate effect when you take it. This might mean you gain less of a benefit if your karma is below 1000, and although I am unsure of this, it might be likely.

+20% attack speed "feels" great, since I took the Atomic! perk and half the battles in the DLC were in radiated zones, so I was always attacking 25% faster. The minor downside though, is you lose ammo more quickly. I personally don't use VATS very often, so AP regen isn't a major issue with me, nor would I even know the math on how 25% faster AP regeneration would work.

With all this, I find both the Evil and Good side perks to be way better than the Neutral, since they both have 2 passive effects, while the Neutral has one passive and one awful effect that only activates under special conditions.
#4oooooooo_toastyPosted 9/24/2011 12:11:28 PM
I like moving faster while crouching.
---
"wtf is a sephiroth" - scarecrowshand
#5red255Posted 9/24/2011 1:35:56 PM
Broad Daylight.

No sneak penalty for using pipboy light. required level 36....

honestly with cateye why make that level 36 whatever.

Another rank of strong back at level 30...

Voracious reader is essentially allowing you to constantly use the skill magazines, but you likely already maxed skills.

so yeah, I'd probably take the sneak speed up, the +50 carry weight and the Good Karma 100 HP 10% damage.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6Mobile_PlatformPosted 9/24/2011 4:11:12 PM
Broad Daylight is worthless, I think. It would have been better in FO3 with all those pitch-black metros, or if you download a weather mod that makes nights impossibly dark, but in vanilla New Vegas, it's a wasted perk.
---
Dude, did you just get ****blocked by Bob Saget?
#7pkmnpkmnPosted 9/24/2011 4:28:43 PM
MetalMikemon posted...
Broad Daylight is worthless, I think. It would have been better in FO3 with all those pitch-black metros, or if you download a weather mod that makes nights impossibly dark, but in vanilla New Vegas, it's a wasted perk.

fellout nights are a *****, even with the elite riot helmet.
---
2 atoms walk into a bar, one says I think I lost an electron, the other says really? the first says I'm positive ~wadsworth
#8red255Posted 9/24/2011 4:50:59 PM
The piplight doesn't go very far. only useful for finding mines in dark interiors IMO.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#9Time_pants(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2011 4:26:58 PM
I like the sneaking speed bonus perk plus the implant from OWB. I'm a sucker for movement speed bonuses.
#10extremegunnerPosted 9/26/2011 6:10:43 AM
Grab a night vision mod and save yourself a perk.