How to make a amazing looking female character?

#1Blkdrgn415Posted 10/15/2011 1:01:49 AM
I've constantly been having trouble finding out the best hair, facial structure, and hair color for my character. Armor and clothing wise as well, but mostly the actual character. Any advice or guides anyone wanna tell me?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Blkdrgn415
#2jonas66Posted 10/15/2011 5:22:55 AM
Well, there's plenty of presets out there if you just want to grab someone else's stuff and adapt it to your preferences. Just search for preset, otherwise, you'll have to make your own.

For starters, you almost Have to start with a GECK preset that requires minimal changes for it to be any good, due to the limitations of the in-game race/face menu. Ling's adds a couple ones that can be good with minimal tweaking, particularly to the Hispanic race. Making a GECK preset is not particularly hard to do, just find the presets by race in the NPC category, then tweak them using the advanced face sliders until you get where you want.

You might want to get a face-retexture pack of some sort or another. There was just a new one put up on the nexus last weekend called Mojave Delight that actually adds separate race variants, and is quite popular right now. Browsing the nexus category for hair and face models might find you others you like as well.

Then it's just a matter of loading up your character, and changing them to that particular preset in the race menu. The command you want in console is showracemenu, which pops up the character generation screens. Switch it, make a save with your new face, and then decide how you like it. You'll probably have to make tweaks, either in-game or jumping back out to change the face in the GECK, a few times.

Assuming your level of dedication. I spent several hours making my main character's face. shrug. I enjoy it.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/241581-1306762175.jpg
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?
#3pkmnpkmnPosted 10/15/2011 8:09:02 AM
First of all download a type 3 body, also you might want to consider downloading a face and hair pack.
---
A neutron walks into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a drink?" To which the bartender replies, "For you, no charge! ~wadsworth
#4capgamerPosted 10/15/2011 8:35:16 AM
jonas66 posted...

Good lord that's amazing. Nice job, buddy
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
#5jonas66Posted 10/15/2011 9:31:10 AM
Thanks. :) I'm not releasing her face preset, but I do have mods that change Cass and Veronica, as well as Willow, and Gannon, uploaded on the nexus (plus about 7 outfits of various types and lore-friendliness). Just search for "companion faces by jonas" and you'll find it. :D
---
#6Blkdrgn415(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 9:45:51 AM
Nice work, props to you Jonas. I've downloaded Lings and Type 6 body, but I'll take your advice. By the way, does it matter what race you use as you could just change the color of their skin and eyes? My next problem is the hair color, I like the preset "Champagne" indoors, but when it's outdoors, it's too bright. Trying to find out the hair color for Willow to use for my character/
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Blkdrgn415
#7red255Posted 10/15/2011 11:28:34 AM
Stay in first person mode. anyone things you are ugly burst them with a minigun.

Sexy Lady.

honestly TC, male or female?
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#8jonas66Posted 10/15/2011 12:22:40 PM
"By the way, does it matter what race you use as you could just change the color of their skin and eyes?"

Yes and no. It also depends on if you're making a preset or just doing it in-game. There are definitely limitations to how much you can change each race in-game, part of the reason I started working off of my own presets was because trying to make an asian character who didn't look like they got hit by a shovel was next to impossible. I think that even at the base level there are basic data differences between the available face structures for each race. I've used an edit program to transfer faces from one race to the other (forgot which I race I used to start with, lol) and the result turned out horrifying. Like Elephant Woman bad. Past that, I can't explain how or why, just that it does seem to make a difference. But if you're using the GECK you can certainly make a good looking face using any of the races. It is more difficult using the race menu in-game.

"My next problem is the hair color, I like the preset "Champagne" indoors, but when it's outdoors, it's too bright. Trying to find out the hair color for Willow to use for my character/"

Yeah, unless you have one of the programs that actually changes the way light works outside, you'll have problems, because indoor lights and outdoor lights function and reflect differently. There's not much to do about that other than try tweaks a little at a time until you get to where you want it to be. The download Project Westland Vision softens external lights somehow, to make them more appealing, and that helps, but it can be hell on your framerate unless you have a really good system.
---
#9RajhinPosted 10/15/2011 8:10:11 PM
jonas66 posted...
Assuming your level of dedication. I spent several hours making my main character's face. shrug. I enjoy it.

Nice. What mods did you use for that face and hair? About the best I could get with a minimum amount of mods and some tweaking was this, though I could do better if I didn't just spend four or so minutes on it.

http://i.imgur.com/zcEGF.jpg

I had the same problem with asian faces. My first character with that race looked like an alien. What did you ever find to be a good solution?

Thanks, jonas.
---
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony
#10AsanteRevellPosted 10/18/2011 11:07:55 AM
download Mikoto Beauty as well
---
Parachutes are for Girls.