Best weapons for companions?

#1DeathsHelperPosted 10/19/2011 11:55:47 AM
What do you guys think are the best weapons for your companions? Typically it goes like this for me.

Arcade: To be honest I just left him with his default weapon. I imagine giving him a Gauss Rifle or the YCS/186 would make him deadly though.

Boone: All American and a Shishkebab (So when he does the flip around weapons thing he has something useful.)

Cass: Hunting/Riot Shotgun (She eats through ammunition with the Riot Shotgun at stupid ranges where she doesn't even hit the target.)

Lily: I gave her Oh Baby! until I realized that it got damaged ALOT and she dropped it. Then I gave her a Thermic Lance.

Raul: Ranger Sequoia (I just hate that ammo for that is hard to find and expensive and giving him it leaves less for me.)

Veronica: Saturnite fist super-heated (Although I'm not sure she benefits from my Pyromaniac perk...)
---
Son, Vespa's are like fat girls, their fun to ride but you don't want your friends to see you on one.--My dad
#2RieversPosted 10/19/2011 12:45:28 PM
Elijah's Advanced LAER on Veronica or Arcade.
Some kind of shotgun to Cass
Ranger Sequoia on Raul

Rest don't really matter as long as you stay in the category they are trained in (Boone should use guns, Lily is the only full companion that needs to be in melee.
#3red255Posted 10/19/2011 1:16:05 PM
I don't use companions.

Lone wanderer and all that.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#4capgamerPosted 10/19/2011 2:18:37 PM
I've toyed with the idea of giving them something better than their default but then I have to keep them stocked in ammo which annoys me.

I did give Raul A Light Shining in Darkness and about 500 ammo when we wiped out the Deathclaw construction site which worked well enough I guess though me and EDE did most of the work and he only had about 200 ammo after all was said and done.
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
#5RajhinPosted 10/19/2011 2:57:05 PM
Arcade Gannon - YCS/186 or the Holorifle.
Boone - Anti-Materiel Rifle or the Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle.
Cass - Riot Shotgun.
Lily - CZ57 Avenger.
Raul - Paciencia.
Veronica - Ballistic Fist.

Arcade is good with his plasma defender, and any other energy weapon makes him even better.

Boone makes quick work of deathclaws with an anti-materiel rifle, and he uses the Gobi like a machine gun.

Cass is good with shotguns, which makes sense, since Cassidy started with one in Fallout 2.

If you have Lily with the Avenger, then enemies just close their eyes and die.

Raul will kill three enemies guaranteed with Paciencia before reloading. He's from Mexico, so a weapon with the Mexican Flag only makes sense. Plus, it's a great weapon.

Veronica will kill almost anything in one hit when she has T-51b and a ballistic fist.
---
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony
#6RieversPosted 10/19/2011 3:30:10 PM
Rajhin posted...
If you have Lily with the Avenger, then enemies just close their eyes and die.

Her guns still is really pretty bad, unlike Veronica who levels her other skills alongside unarmed, Lily does not. Lily is the *only* companion that is better served in melee then ranged combat.

Raul will kill three enemies guaranteed with Paciencia before reloading. He's from Mexico, so a weapon with the Mexican Flag only makes sense. Plus, it's a great weapon.

Veronica will kill almost anything in one hit when she has T-51b and a ballistic fist.

Why would you give Raul Paciencia? Sure it fits him well, but if you are looking for the most damage output possible you need to consider http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Vaquero
#7Sparda XPosted 10/19/2011 3:35:26 PM
I usually give Raul a Hunting Revolver or (if I can find an extra one) a Ranger Sequoia, to take advantage of his Old Vaquero perk. Might give him the Medicine Stick next time I play through, though.
---
Do not lend or make illegal copies of this post.
#8SKA_Posted 10/19/2011 4:50:20 PM
why? their starter companion weapons are too powerful already, i say give them all 9mm pistols and pipe rifles
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#9igniz12000Posted 10/19/2011 4:59:59 PM
Best Companion weapon?

Wait here.
#10RieversPosted 10/19/2011 5:01:40 PM
SKA_ posted...
why? their starter companion weapons are too powerful already, i say give them all 9mm pistols and pipe rifles

Let's take it a step further and go get Mr. Cuddlesworth and Willow (although Willow isn't that overpowered to begin with.)