Wanna check out my let's play? I could use some tips, also I'm funny!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Wanna check out my let's play? I could use some tips, also I'm funny!
3 years ago#1
I'm doin a let's play of this game on youtube, and while i've played the first 2 Fallouts, I'm really new to this one. Wanna check it out? I could use some pointers, and if you're just looking for a laugh I've been told that I'm pretty hilarious

Wanna give it a look? Here's episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8nMj_nW8Rw&feature=plcp&context=C3304eacUDOEgsToPDskJvz2WL30Cwy56kDxqklOex

I'm up to episode 5 so far if you like it =]
---
RSN: Mitsu 99/99 Fishing 99/99 Cooking
youtube.com/WillLeeBrad
3 years ago#2
...I never really understood the purpose of 'lets plays' except as an unpaid unbiased review system to sample a game playthru.

felt like you were trying too hard since you were talking too much during the opening cinematic.

Didn't get past that viewing your thing, its like talking during a movie, restrain yourself. you can talk during the less interesting parts of the game, or a few quick comments during the movie, but if you just TALK during a cutscene movie, its just ruining the experience.

or did you want gameplay tips?

Drugs are very powerful. especially turbo. and steady if you use guns. never played on Xbox though.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
3 years ago#3
I'm learning that it's kind of an acquired taste. Not everyone likes watching other people play games, and either you hate my talking and just wanna watch the game, or you think i'm super funny and want me to add a new element to an old game.

As for tips, i'll gladly take both. You're the first person to give some critiques on the let's play itself, so that's a nice change of pace. Drugs are good? That's funny to me, in the first 2 games I always tried to avoid drugs besides stimpacks. Can I still get addicted to stuff?
---
youtube.com/WillLeeBrad
3 years ago#4
Aside from Ultrajet which is very rare, all addictions can be cleared with 100 caps to the doctor or a dose of fixer...Fixer + antivenom really if you want no visual aftereffects.

the addiction penaltys are also quite minor, just a small hit to stats usually when the drug is not active, and stats don't do that much.

The addiction chance is also pretty low. Or low enough that the existing in game doses of fixer should cover whatever you get addicted to and can't get rid of simply by taking more drugs.

I don't know do you use VATS more on Xbox? I would figure you would. Didn't use much Vats on the PC version. Vats doesn't help much at scoped ranges
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
3 years ago#5
*starts looking thru your lets play*

If you pile your 'questions' here I could answer them decently.

Skill MAGAZINES like the Doctor magazine are temp boosts. +10, +20 with comprehension for like a minute, which is enough to pass the skills checks in the area.

Skill BOOKS like, well theres a stealth book in Goodsprings in the house sunny smiles lives in (you have to steal it but yeah) is +3 Skill permanently +4 with comprehension.

you spent alot of time figuring out your initial character, EN does alot more than the other stats since you need EN to buy implant upgrades at the clinic when you get to Vegas. CHA.... mostly if for dialog checks especially if you are a loner (it also affects companion NERVE) since you left it at 5 its not doing much for you (+CHA drugs are pretty common making it easy to get to 10 from 1, making points here for dialog purposes...somewhat wasted)

Weapon-wise early on, since you don't have any DLC is probably a 9mm pistol with scope and expanded clip. but I don't know about Xbox mentality, the fire rate is quite high and I have no problem hitting people in the head with it on the PC and useful range.

By no means a GODLY gun but a sturdy starting gun for taking down most of what you face for the first part of the game, enough to get you thru humans.

yeah, besides that 25 addictive chems gives you a 'free' perk day tripper which makes chems last longer, which is easy to do with the pressence of alcohol and coyote tobacco chew in the early game.

yeah I dont have time to watch your videos but go ahead and post whatever questions you HAVE in this topic, and I'll answer them more than likely.

Besides that in Goodsprings there are a few 'bright followers' corpses which are a source of energy weapons (random scaled to your level) one in a cave and one under the bridge to sloan (which has some skill books of explosives and repair I think off hand)

oh and the bobblehead in the bone-orchard....graveyard. (he was trying to be colorful)
---
3 years ago#6
Bobble head in the graveyard? Sounds unique, I can't believe I missed that when I was looking for the broc flower >_>

Episode 6 is up after fighting with my mac all night, if any lurkers are watchin thanks =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCCupTwscGc&context=C471ed9bADvjVQa1PpcFOWUm4qY-N1HN_CvMkEwJimz6om9l7-zVs=
---
youtube.com/WillLeeBrad
3 years ago#7
Sorry, not sure why I said Bobblehead, I meant snow-globe. Bobbleheads are fallout 3.
---
3 years ago#8
Glancing at your Movie 6 really fast, the memorial is mostly for the couple of graves you can dig up with the shovel, the big hole is 3 ammo crates which you found and a sunset sasparilla star cap. which causes the guy to spawn who tells you the quest who you can kill for his caps and his clothes (+10 Barter outfit)

Broc flowers + Xander roots + empty syringes make stimpacks which are better than healing powders.

and uh Duct Tape + scrap metal + scrap electronics + wonderglue + wrench makes weapon repair kits.... You know what just look at the recipes on the workbench and campfire.

Healing powders are... well why not just cook the coyote meat into coyote steaks instead if you want a similiar item?
---
3 years ago#9

red255 posted...
...I never really understood the purpose of 'lets plays' except as an unpaid unbiased review system to sample a game playthru.

It's for fanboys, man.

I'll admit to sitting through many multiple Resident Evil 1 "let's plays", just for the nostalgia and camaradarie. 

Good times.

3 years ago#10

Mitsu47 posted...
Drugs are good? That's funny to me, in the first 2 games I always tried to avoid drugs besides stimpacks. Can I still get addicted to stuff?
---
youtube.com/WillLeeBrad

Sorry, Gamespot doesn't allow post editing. 

Nah, drugs are bad, mmkay. They're the easy way to cheap boosting, and for junkies. Any self respecting playeer will use Turbo 1 time, and that's to pass the bombing to get to the Boomers. Any chem use besides that (of course, excluding Stims) is for losers and devil worshippers.

(Just my opinion, of course, but my opinion of course is the law of the land).

And yes, you can get addicted. I don't know the exact chance, but in a game where you can save beforehand, and reload as many times as you want, it comes down to how legit you want to make your playthrough.

1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Wanna check out my let's play? I could use some tips, also I'm funny!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived