Whats the toughest encounter you ever run into in this game?

#1KharilllePosted 4/11/2012 2:13:27 AM
Playing through my first time and currently at lvl 21. Any major boss fights, or would a nest of deathclaws be more dangerous?
#2jonas66Posted 4/11/2012 3:24:16 AM
I can't think of any boss fights that are worse than taking on a nest of deathclaws. There really aren't all that many big boss fights in this game, it seems to me. One per DLC plus Lanius?

Lanius might be what I'd consider the toughest, largely because you have like 10 Praetorian guards charge you at the same time. I never found anything else that gave me too many problems on normal difficulty.
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?
#3MaxStar360Posted 4/11/2012 8:55:51 PM
jonas66 posted...
I can't think of any boss fights that are worse than taking on a nest of deathclaws. There really aren't all that many big boss fights in this game, it seems to me. One per DLC plus Lanius?

Lanius might be what I'd consider the toughest, largely because you have like 10 Praetorian guards charge you at the same time. I never found anything else that gave me too many problems on normal difficulty.

Then you have never fought the Legendary Bloatfly!
#4ZondergrodPosted 4/12/2012 2:44:11 AM

Yes. The ridiculously overpowered bloatfly.
I killed him once after several trys and then my game crashed.

#5red255Posted 4/12/2012 3:17:10 AM
that bloatfly is pretty hell on a melee build.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6jonas66Posted 4/12/2012 4:31:07 AM
I guess I did forget about the bloatfly. But I don't recall that fight being very difficult for me, because I think I tackled it at level 50, 100 sneak 100 guns while using a silenced sniper and the OWB stealth suit.
---
#7red255Posted 4/12/2012 5:12:56 AM
yeah well, don't play a stealth sniper if you want something resembling a challenge.

maybe if you mod the way the game handles AI detection and whatnot. But Bethesda doesn't do stealth very well.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#8jonas66Posted 4/12/2012 6:03:33 AM
Um, thanks for your concern, I guess, but I'm okay. I play for the RP aspects of these games, not the combat challenge. The challenge is only a side-effect.
---
#9escape98sk8Posted 4/13/2012 10:59:48 AM

I have a horrible reputation with the Legion, so the 4 Legionaire Assassins that attack me randomly are the toughest encounter by far. Keep in mind I play on Very Hard and Hardcore, plus a mod that doubles all damage, I play with a 360 controller and I never use VATS, so that makes the encounter ridiculously hard.

Maybe with Power Armor that encounter will be easier, but so far I haven't found any nor I have the Training (even though I have 60+ hours of gameplay) =/

#10MaxStar360Posted 4/13/2012 7:55:42 PM
escape98sk8 posted...
I have a horrible reputation with the Legion, so the 4 Legionaire Assassins that attack me randomly are the toughest encounter by far. Keep in mind I play on Very Hard and Hardcore, plus a mod that doubles all damage, I play with a 360 controller and I never use VATS, so that makes the encounter ridiculously hard.Maybe with Power Armor that encounter will be easier, but so far I haven't found any nor I have the Training (even though I have 60+ hours of gameplay) =/

It still doesn't match the challenge of the Legendary Bloatfly. Try fighting it with your mod and it will easily kill you in one shot.