Why can't I finish this dumb game

#1ThugglesPosted 4/24/2012 1:32:19 PM
I tried when it first came out two years ago and got to Mr. House and lost interest. Tried again more recently with all the new mods that came out and I didn't even make it that far on my second attempt. The story and combat are just so non-engaging.. does it pick up? Are the vaults any fun when you find them? Is there anything actually interesting like the Dunwich building from 3 or tranquility lane?
---
Steam ID: thuggles
#2SkrallRampagerPosted 4/24/2012 4:13:06 PM
I found it the best out of any open world rpg.....

I can't help you :(

In my opinion, Skyrim would better fit the description you gave. It felt..... boring and uninspired to me.

New Vegas just has so much personality.
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444
#3engimamanPosted 4/27/2012 6:44:12 AM
Your first mistake is playing this for its story,

donít do that
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#4escape98sk8Posted 4/27/2012 9:41:08 AM

engimaman posted...
Your first mistake is playing this for its story,

dont do that."

That's a very good point, this game is more about your experience in the game world rather than the story itself. But I think that the OP also meant that the wasteland is kinda uninteresting to explore and I agree, I thought the Mojave Wasteland was a little bit boring, full with pointless locations. I don't remember a single "OMG awesome!" place on the whole game with the exception of Big MT (from DLC Old World Blues, which the OP probably does not have)

I definitely liked Fallout 3's Wasteland much more.

#5ShinquaiPosted 5/1/2012 1:29:00 AM
escape98sk8 posted...

engimaman posted...

Your first mistake is playing this for its story, dont do that."

That's a very good point, this game is more about your experience in the game world rather than the story itself. But I think that the OP also meant that the wasteland is kinda uninteresting to explore and I agree, I thought the Mojave Wasteland was a little bit boring, full with pointless locations. I don't remember a single "OMG awesome!" place on the whole game with the exception of Big MT (from DLC Old World Blues, which the OP probably does not have)I definitely liked Fallout 3's Wasteland much more.

It's just an engine thing dude. I've got the same thing with Skyrim.

Look! Rocks from Fallout!
---
GT: Shinquai
#6escape98sk8Posted 5/1/2012 8:48:46 AM
^^ I actually meant about the content of the locations, not the graphics or a sense of deja vķ from the previous game.

In New Vegas, a lot of locations are just there to fill up the empty space; there's nothing really interesting in there. (for example, the radio stations near Goodsprings, or a crater also near Goodsprings were the only thing you find is some ammo. Or Jimmy's Well... and so on). I don't remember that happening that often on Fallout 3.
#7RymicPosted 5/2/2012 6:31:47 PM
I liked the Capital Wasteland much more than the Mojave, but NV felt much better as a video game.
---
"Let's be great. The world is far too average." Mr. B