MotionInJoy issues.

#1YoungAdultLinkPosted 8/13/2012 8:09:54 PM
So I was trying to get the game working with my PS3 controller earlier, since I got my couch all cleared up and I wanted to pass a bit of time until Darksiders 2 unlocks tonight. Weird thing is, New Vegas wouldn't recognize my PS3 pad through motioninjoy, either wireless or through USB. I know the pad's working fine, motion in joy is working fine, New Vegas just doesn't seem to want to recognize it. It's not like I'm in a hurry, or anything, I went and played Just Cause 2 for an hour, with the ps3 pad, I'd just like to know if anyone else has had issues with this.
---
Steam sales. There are at least 9 every week, including mid week madness and weekend deals.
#2MrFatCakesPosted 8/13/2012 9:29:30 PM
try going into options and checking if controls is set for keyboard or controller
if its keyboard just try changing it to controller

besides that i dont know
im using motionjoy just fine
---
Homies help homies
#3nudemanonbikePosted 8/13/2012 10:17:41 PM
Also make sure it's set to mimic an Xbox 360 controller
---
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc268/nudemanonbike/NudeBiker.jpg
#4YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 1:33:19 AM
I'll try again tomorrow, but the option just wasn't there when I checked before. I would just finish up with the keyboard, but it's a lot better to be sitting across the room from the desktop when it's pushing 100 in the room.
---
Steam sales. There are at least 9 every week, including mid week madness and weekend deals.
#5JimiMorrison187Posted 8/14/2012 4:41:07 AM
Emulating the 360 controller is pretty much the main note to take. I have yet to play a game with my PS3 controller using Motioninjoy that works correctly without emulating the 360 controller. I don't even bother running it as a PS3 controller anymore. I ahven't used a controller for this game, but from the many that I have played using it as a 360 controller is the only, and best way to do it with that software.
---
Because **** You is why
#6pariah23Posted 8/14/2012 7:35:46 AM(edited)
YoungAdultLink posted...
I'll try again tomorrow, but the option just wasn't there when I checked before.

It's on the Profiles page of MiJ. Select the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator radio button, and don't forget to press the pink Enable button afterwards or it won't take effect.
#7YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 8:11:07 AM
Yeah, I always use the 360 option. This isn't the first game that's had issues, oddly enough. Took me a bit to get Burnout Paradise to play along and some other racing game I have would only work if I was using the USB cable, so no bluetooth for me.

But the issue was that I WAS emulating the 360 pad, like I do for everything, and it just wasn't recognized by the game.
---
#8pariah23Posted 8/14/2012 9:46:09 AM(edited)
Never actually played it with a gamepad before because I hate console-style aiming, but I had the DS3 paired this morning anyway for playing Darksiders 2 so I figured I'd test it out. Same setup I use for every other game worked fine in New Vegas: 360 Emulation, connected via Bluetooth, everything else left at default. I didn't have to do anything in the game config either, it just disabled the mouse and switched control to the DS3.

I'm using the latest version of MiJ (0.7.1001) but I doubt that makes a difference as long as you have at least 0.6.0005.
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 8/14/2012 10:27:36 AM
Have you played this with keyboard/mouse at all? Just wondering. I was always a console gamer, but playing anything with aim, FPS games it is just so much easier to do with the k/m controls. If you haven't tried it I would highly recommend it. If you just like it with a controller that's cool too. Just way easier to play with the mouse IMO. Action/fighting games on the other hand the controller is way better for me. Needing to move quickly and diagonally and whatnot. Keyboard isn't too slick for those kind of games.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#10YoungAdultLink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2012 10:53:12 AM
I've put 50 hours into it with keyboard and mouse. It's just getting really hot at this point in the summer so I wanted to sit across the room from the 2 desktops that are sitting side by side.
---