Disturbing rumors of Fallout 7 (4 to most people)

#31DRAGON07891230Posted 3/17/2013 7:26:39 PM
Source?
---
Intel i5 3570k [] MSI 7870 gHz 2GB [] AsRock Z77 Pro 4 [] 8GB RAM [] CX500W
#32TheVillageIdiotPosted 3/18/2013 10:23:04 AM
ArkhamEscapee posted...
RFguerilla posted...
Is is the seventh Fallout. Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout Brotherhood Of Steel, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas.

Except that doesn't make it Fallout 7, and referring to it as Fallout 7 is incorrect.

Clearly he knows what he's talking about. It's not just that he wants to be able to look down his nose at all the peasants who never played the first four games - or, heaven forbid, never even knew they existed! It's about being proper. He must also call Grand Theft Auto III by it's proper name - GTA IV. I assume that this results in absolutely no confusion when speaking to mere mortals about Claude, Niko Bellic, and Liberty City ... mmmmhhhmmmmmhhhhhmmmmmhhhmmm.

In fact, I think someone better tell Rockstar that they're actually working on GTA XIV instead of GTA V. You know, since there's already been 13 made -- Grand Theft Auto , GTA2, GTA III, GTA IV, GTA:London, GTA:Vice City, GTA: San Andreas, GTA: Liberty City Stories, GTA: Vice City Stories, GTA: Chinatown Wars, GTA Advance, GTA: The Ballad of Fat Tony, and GTA: The Lost and Damned
#33JFKandLBJPosted 3/18/2013 8:45:31 PM
xanthan1 posted...
squiggy9996999 posted...
sure those were things that helped made FO3 great, but this new game should be a new game. i applaud them for having the guts to give us something new.

i don't mind if BoS takes a game off. i secretly hope that eventually they do "chicago" and do the war between the washington BoS and the more traditional a-hole BoS who is in chicago so if they aren't in boston i am ok with it.

i'm more interested in teh institute and androids (i wonder if we can play as one).

and obviously something will have to replace super mutants (if these rumors are even true), let's wait and see what they come up with before handing out the torches. ;)

DC sucked. The subways sucked. Going through the CITY itself sucked. Little Lamplight majorly sucked. The super mutants in 3 had no reason to be making other people super mutants except that it was what the other super mutants did in another game, the BoS was NOT the BoS in anything but name, the Regulators shouldn't be there, the Enclave DEFINITELY shouldn't be there.

Frankly if the Brotherhood of Generic East Coast Paladins and the stupid East Cost super mutants NEVER reappear it will be a GOOD thing.

Megaton sucked too. Every time I went to my house I would always wish I blew the town up (but never did cuz of the bobblehead). The companions were terrible and had no depth: A prostitute, a ghoul version of a wookie (like with the life debt and all), a soldier, and an former raider turned dbag.. All star cast for sure. And what was with the talon company mercs? They were terrible and so inconsequential.

The game definitely had its faults, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the ride nevertheless.
#34squiggy9996999Posted 3/25/2013 8:54:09 AM
^agreed. i always say it's my favorite game this gen, warts and all. just based on how many hours i invested into it.

you really should nuke megaton, even if it takes 30 seconds to a minute longer to get into your home. why would the bobblehead stop you though? just grab it first then nuke the town.

but wait until level 10 (see below) make sure moira's survival guide is done or active, and if you want jericho grab him too before killing everyone.

IMPORTANT: by level 10 you can pretty much take out megaton. you hate that town? so kill everyone (except moira). i mean, they all die anyways, right? tenpenny doesn;t know if you're nuking a dead town, so enjoy the fruits of your labor...and by fruits i mean sociopathic rampage. kill and loot everyone, rob their corpses and homes. job well done.

THEN nuke the joint with the extra satisfaction of knowing you killed everyone twice.

that is one of the best moments in fallout. up there with nuking the BoS from edwards airforce base. ;)
#35PathlessBulletPosted 3/28/2013 8:56:39 PM
RFguerilla posted...
Yeah, but it sounds like they might just erase them from the game to replace it with their own stuff. What Fallout 3 did was take a massive dump on the originals to make something they wanted to do, and now they are probably going to take that dump a bit harder this time.

I could never grasp the creditability of these complaints. How is the fact that the BoS splitting from the main faction and taking on a virtuous role in any shape or form "taking a dump" on the originals? IIRC the splitting of the east and west coast BoS was one of the few things they actually took the time to elaborate on.

The only somewhat coherent argument I've heard is "da BoS r supose 2 be da bad guise! FO1/2 said!" which is still, at best, completely idiotic.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#36jonas66Posted 3/29/2013 5:50:05 AM
PathlessBullet posted...
RFguerilla posted...
Yeah, but it sounds like they might just erase them from the game to replace it with their own stuff. What Fallout 3 did was take a massive dump on the originals to make something they wanted to do, and now they are probably going to take that dump a bit harder this time.

I could never grasp the creditability of these complaints. How is the fact that the BoS splitting from the main faction and taking on a virtuous role in any shape or form "taking a dump" on the originals? IIRC the splitting of the east and west coast BoS was one of the few things they actually took the time to elaborate on.

The only somewhat coherent argument I've heard is "da BoS r supose 2 be da bad guise! FO1/2 said!" which is still, at best, completely idiotic.

Because it's so awesome to like something before it was cool, of course. Also, change = bad.
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?
#37Spectral_CloudPosted 4/1/2013 3:22:58 PM
Overall I'd say that it would make sense to not have BoS and super mutants in the game if it is on the east coast. Based on the major concentrations of both having on the east coast wouldn't make much sense story wise. yes they are both big parts of fallout but just because they are part of it doesn't mean they have to be part of every single game. Also small side note, Fallout BoS is not counted as cannon for the story, and though it may be the seventh game that has had the fallout name that does not make it fallout seven.
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#38GhostlyCrowPosted 4/5/2013 12:07:14 PM
DC sucked. The subways sucked. Going through the CITY itself sucked.

This man has good opinions. Boston might be cool if it was completely open and provided ways to move through the rubble that aren't the "correct" ways. Otherwise, if it's all broken into sections, then ew.

Also lol Fallout 7. Does that mean Resident Evil 6 is actually RE10 (or like RE30 if you count all the spin-offs)?
---
Whichever mod delete my posts [...] is pretty smug for a volunteer. He probably tells girls that he's a gamefaqs moderator ~ Drunk_Quid
#39MustavusPosted 4/9/2013 5:59:43 AM
GhostlyCrow posted...
Does that mean Resident Evil 6 is actually RE10 (or like RE30 if you count all the spin-offs)?

Yes.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#40PlayinWithFirePosted 4/10/2013 9:01:01 AM
Ignoring every other bashing of FO3 because lolopinions, I love how many FO3 haters cry about this imaginary sense of the BoS being "ruined" or whatever, while COMPLETELY ignoring the very explicitly stated reasons behind the main BoS interacted with in FO3 being so different compared to the BoS in the rest of the series. Here's a synopsis:

1. Elder Lyons' faction sent out east to search for technologies to hoard, as is BoS standard protocol.

2. Lyons sees the poor state of those living in the Capital Wasteland and decides to use their technological advantages to help the populace, as mentioned in the Codex about the preservation of humanity.

3. The West Coast BoS, not being able to determine whether or not Lyons' choice goes against the Codex or whether they go alongside the Codex's intent, allow Lyons to keep his title but refuse to send further support.

4. Some members of the BoS stay with Lyons out of either loyalty or in support of Lyons' cause, while other members split off and formed the Outcasts, a small faction of BoS members dedicated to the current beliefs of the BoS.

Is that so hard to understand? No. Is any of this implausible in any way? No. Honestly, the only significant flaw regarding the role of the BoS in FO3 is the Outcasts' complete lack of relevance to the story outside of a minor role in DLC.

I know I shouldn't expect much intelligence or common sense out of your average GFAQs user, but really? Goddamn, people.