Disturbing rumors of Fallout 7 (4 to most people)

#41jonas66Posted 4/10/2013 11:17:00 AM
PlayinWithFire posted...
Ignoring every other bashing of FO3 because lolopinions, I love how many FO3 haters cry about this imaginary sense of the BoS being "ruined" or whatever, while COMPLETELY ignoring the very explicitly stated reasons behind the main BoS interacted with in FO3 being so different compared to the BoS in the rest of the series. Here's a synopsis:

1. Elder Lyons' faction sent out east to search for technologies to hoard, as is BoS standard protocol.

2. Lyons sees the poor state of those living in the Capital Wasteland and decides to use their technological advantages to help the populace, as mentioned in the Codex about the preservation of humanity.

3. The West Coast BoS, not being able to determine whether or not Lyons' choice goes against the Codex or whether they go alongside the Codex's intent, allow Lyons to keep his title but refuse to send further support.

4. Some members of the BoS stay with Lyons out of either loyalty or in support of Lyons' cause, while other members split off and formed the Outcasts, a small faction of BoS members dedicated to the current beliefs of the BoS.

Is that so hard to understand? No. Is any of this implausible in any way? No. Honestly, the only significant flaw regarding the role of the BoS in FO3 is the Outcasts' complete lack of relevance to the story outside of a minor role in DLC.

I know I shouldn't expect much intelligence or common sense out of your average GFAQs user, but really? Goddamn, people.

But change = bad.

Don't take away my loremongering! It's my only joy.
---
How much of rational behavior is only rational when rationalized?
#42xanthan1Posted 4/10/2013 11:58:54 AM
jonas66 posted...

But change = bad.

Don't take away my loremongering! It's my only joy.

You don't have friends other then yesmen who blindly agree with you do you?
#43ArkhamEscapeePosted 4/10/2013 2:38:54 PM
PlayinWithFire posted...
Ignoring every other bashing of FO3 because lolopinions, I love how many FO3 haters cry about this imaginary sense of the BoS being "ruined" or whatever, while COMPLETELY ignoring the very explicitly stated reasons behind the main BoS interacted with in FO3 being so different compared to the BoS in the rest of the series. Here's a synopsis:

1. Elder Lyons' faction sent out east to search for technologies to hoard, as is BoS standard protocol.

2. Lyons sees the poor state of those living in the Capital Wasteland and decides to use their technological advantages to help the populace, as mentioned in the Codex about the preservation of humanity.

3. The West Coast BoS, not being able to determine whether or not Lyons' choice goes against the Codex or whether they go alongside the Codex's intent, allow Lyons to keep his title but refuse to send further support.

4. Some members of the BoS stay with Lyons out of either loyalty or in support of Lyons' cause, while other members split off and formed the Outcasts, a small faction of BoS members dedicated to the current beliefs of the BoS.

Is that so hard to understand? No. Is any of this implausible in any way? No. Honestly, the only significant flaw regarding the role of the BoS in FO3 is the Outcasts' complete lack of relevance to the story outside of a minor role in DLC.

I know I shouldn't expect much intelligence or common sense out of your average GFAQs user, but really? Goddamn, people.

The problem comes from the fact that the war between the BoS and the NCR makes the idea of sending that many combatants away just utterly nonsensical.
---
PSN Agnol117
http://agnolsfiction.tumblr.com/ <-- My fiction blog
#44jonas66Posted 4/10/2013 2:42:44 PM
xanthan1 posted...
You don't have friends other then yesmen who blindly agree with you do you?

Yes, that's true. It's a very sad life.

See, here's a picture of me with my only friend.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j334/jonas_opines/sadmanyesman_zpsa8dadf1c.jpg
---
#45vigoroiscool123Posted 4/10/2013 2:47:20 PM
I like the setting of the east coast better, and there is a main story reason for no BOS & super mutants
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#46jonas66Posted 4/10/2013 3:26:25 PM
ArkhamEscapee posted...
The problem comes from the fact that the war between the BoS and the NCR makes the idea of sending that many combatants away just utterly nonsensical.

Yeah, as an American I DO have difficulty swallowing the concept of a military organization over-committing itself to multiple war and/or expansionary fronts, due to reasons that in retrospect seem less than sound and logical. . . .
---
#47ArkhamEscapeePosted 4/10/2013 3:45:04 PM
jonas66 posted...
ArkhamEscapee posted...

Yeah, as an American I DO have difficulty swallowing the concept of a military organization over-committing itself to multiple war and/or expansionary fronts, due to reasons that in retrospect seem less than sound and logical. . . .

The problem is that the BoS was losing the was pretty much from the start, and sending that many combatants east would only hasten that. I'll concede that sending an expeditionary force east makes sense, but not in those numbers and not at that time.
---
PSN Agnol117
http://agnolsfiction.tumblr.com/ <-- My fiction blog
#48lionheart5656Posted 4/20/2013 11:32:28 PM
I heard a rumor that we are all about to get nuked back to the stone age.

Everyone yell at your nation's leader because we all know that rumors based on nothing are always true and worth raging about.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.