Pure unarmed using power fist and without sneak

#1RayKnightPosted 4/22/2013 4:32:50 AM
What's the recommended stats and set up?
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#2red255Posted 4/22/2013 4:59:45 AM
rad Child, Chemist, turbo.med-x psycho slasher. oh and super slam.

Probably some buffout to kill the Radiation poisioning penalty as well.

and why a power fist exactly? not a ballistic one? Greased lightning isn't too bad.

But a paladin toaster for the robots, a ballistic fist for heavies, and a fist of Rawr for just a touch of death.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#3RayKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 6:10:07 AM
red255 posted...
rad Child, Chemist, turbo.med-x psycho slasher. oh and super slam.

Probably some buffout to kill the Radiation poisioning penalty as well.

and why a power fist exactly? not a ballistic one? Greased lightning isn't too bad.

But a paladin toaster for the robots, a ballistic fist for heavies, and a fist of Rawr for just a touch of death.

What about stats? Power Fist because it's so classy! Ever since Fallout 2 (my first Fallout game, I didn't play 1 back then, and started with 2), I've always loved the Mega Power Fist. It looks like one of those you'd see in Dexter (the cartoon where his dad was wrestling with this other dude) or Full Metal Alchemist.

It's just really awesome in my opinion.
---
#4MustavusPosted 4/22/2013 10:16:26 AM
S - You want to end up with 6 so either 5 or 3 (to account for OWB's strength perk), doesn't affect Unarmed damage
P - 5 for Better Criticals
E - 8 or 9 for implants, also health is neat
C - 1, dump stat
I - 4 or 5, unarmed is probably the most skill-intensive combat method
A - 6 for Slayer
L - 9

I have no idea how many SPECIAL points I just claimed, and you can't make me count.

Built to Destroy/Small Frame are probably optimal traits if you don't mind the penalties. Heavy Handed should be avoided.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#5red255Posted 4/22/2013 10:45:46 AM
Mustavus posted...
S - You want to end up with 6 so either 5 or 3 (to account for OWB's strength perk), doesn't affect Unarmed damage
P - 5 for Better Criticals
E - 8 or 9 for implants, also health is neat
C - 1, dump stat
I - 4 or 5, unarmed is probably the most skill-intensive combat method
A - 6 for Slayer
L - 9

I have no idea how many SPECIAL points I just claimed, and you can't make me count.

Built to Destroy/Small Frame are probably optimal traits if you don't mind the penalties. Heavy Handed should be avoided.

why do you want to end up with 6 strength?
Power fists are 5 strength.

Ballistic fists are 9 strength.

If you mean super slam don't bring up the OLD WORLD BLUES thing. you'll just confuse him because that doesn't HELP FOR PERKS. *heats up poker* BRANDS.

look in the mirror when the pain wears off.

so yeah you need 5+Clinic Implant STR for super slam
5+Clinic implant PE for better criticals
...Probably more than the 4 EN for toughness cuz implants.
7 AGI for slayer as mentioned
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#6RayKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:07:38 PM
Will the low Int affect the stats growth in terms of the amount of points I can have when I level up?

How powerful is the Ballistic Fist and does it really worth the 9 points in Str?
---
#7red255Posted 4/22/2013 6:32:58 PM
RayKnight posted...
Will the low Int affect the stats growth in terms of the amount of points I can have when I level up?

How powerful is the Ballistic Fist and does it really worth the 9 points in Str?

you mean skill points? not really you only get a half point per point of INT per level which is pathetic.

the educated and/or comprehension perks at 4 INT will handle it if you need more skill points

and the ballisic fist, if you have 6 base strength from uh super slam requirements and 100 survival you can just drink beer or eat big horn steak and +3 strength right there to get you to use the ballistic fist without speed penalty. either are extremely common. you can get 50 steaks off a herd of bighorners.
---
#8MustavusPosted 4/22/2013 8:52:54 PM
Aha. I was indeed thinking the +2 from OWB counted for Super Slam, but I guess it makes sense it wouldn't.

The only thing I can think of that hasn't already been said is, Explosives->Pyromaniac perk is necessary to make the most of one of the bestest unarmed weapons in the game. Probably not a top priority, but it is what it is.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#9RayKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:24:19 PM
Does that mean each time I want to use the Ballistic Fist, I must consume that much food?
---
#10red255Posted 4/23/2013 5:39:20 AM
RayKnight posted...
Does that mean each time I want to use the Ballistic Fist, I must consume that much food?

....?

Big Horner steak lasts 2m +100% +33% so one piece lasts 5 minutes 20 seconds.

and I guess you mean a superheated saturnite fist for pyromaniac, but what do you mean for demolition expert?

The superheated saturnite fist is going to get decent I suppose and still be a power fist for the TC.

but Fist of RAWR is well. my unarmed weapon of choice because of the crit chance. it rips thru everything.
---