Hacks

#1xan46Posted 5/18/2009 5:12:57 AM
Has anyone tried using a memory editor to level up the perks quickly? I'm going to try and edit the file that stores the data directly but before I do I was wondering if anyone has tried using cheat engine or something.

For all of you who will be like "Why cheat?!?! It ruins it *cry cry cry*". It's my game and I think that the commando's leveling up is a little broken, he has to do the damage and get all those stalkers, more critieria than most classes.
#2ffcommandoPosted 5/18/2009 5:18:10 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, you are still the only hacker that admits to hacking. Bad hacker, im working to commando 3 the hard way, killing 450 more stalkers and doing the damage.
---
Brawl Code: 0516-7142-0731 Name: Kim
I lul
#3xan46(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2009 5:21:49 AM
I also forgot to mention your levels are stored in the stats.bin file under system, if any of you want a go or if you want to share your super leveled up character stats with others. Just send them the file and you're good to go.
#4claymo3391Posted 5/18/2009 5:53:09 AM
That doesn't make any sense, if the file is stored locally, why do you need a memory editor and all that? Although I am interested if you make any progress, for the opposite reason. I had a glitch set most of my perks to level 5 and I'd dearly love to reset them to around 2 or below.
---
I'm a Sinner.
#5maoricPosted 5/18/2009 10:43:12 AM
The Tripwire Developers have said on the Steam forums that people hacking to level perks up to level 5 will be dealt with. I'd avoid doing this if I were you.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#6Richardthe3rdPosted 5/18/2009 11:49:08 AM
It's my game and I think that the commando's leveling up is a little broken

Apparently, the people who MADE THE GAME disagree with you.

Seriously, if everyone else has to level it up legitimately, what makes you feel like you're entitled?
---
Nitimur In Vetitum
#7xan46(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2009 2:45:13 PM
Because I'm using my ingenuity to level up. Also this a computer, it can do anything, why limit yourself? Also I enjoy creating cheats.

The makers of game want me to prioritise killing stalkers over anything else (like a group of clots holding a team mate) and I play into, I sacrifice team mates so that I can not be held back from leveling up as I always get the damage in before the stalker kills for the levels.

I'm currently away from my main PC so I haven't had a chance to work on it this week but if I do find a way I'll let you all know. Is level 5 the maximum then?
#8DaLaggaPosted 5/21/2009 2:56:37 PM
"For all of you who will be like "Why cheat?!?! It ruins it *cry cry cry*". It's my game and I think that the commando's leveling up is a little broken, he has to do the damage and get all those stalkers, more critieria than most classes."

Wrong! It's not just "your game". This is a multiplayer game, and so your cheating does in fact have an impact on everyone playing with you (even if it isn't negative since they're benefiting from your higher level). If you want to cheat on single player, fine. But do it in a multiplayer game and you should be perma-banned from all servers.

"Because I'm using my ingenuity to level up. Also this a computer, it can do anything, why limit yourself? Also I enjoy creating cheats."

So breaking rules is ok so long as you use your ingenuity to do it? You do realize thousands of people have the knowledge to do what you're doing, yet they choose not too. I suppose now it's ok to steal a neighbors cable or internet so long as you use your ingenuity, right? Or along the same lines, I suppose an aimbot is ok to use in CS:S so long as you created it? You sir sound like some teenage kid with some serious ego and entitilement issues.

"The makers of game want me to prioritise killing stalkers over anything else (like a group of clots holding a team mate) and I play into, I sacrifice team mates so that I can not be held back from leveling up as I always get the damage in before the stalker kills for the levels."

Funny how you insult all those opposed to cheating by saying they're just crying, yet you're crying about something legit. Yes, commando is the hardest class to level up. So what? It's hard, not impossible or broken. Stop crying and deal with it.
#9DirtyToenailsPosted 5/21/2009 3:00:17 PM
You can level up anything but medic through a memory editor, I hear. I think that's because you can't heal teammates in solo, and that's how people get the information to hack their perks.

I'd love if someone would send me the stats.bin with a level 5 medic. The game wont advance my medic perk when I'm hosting the server, which is frustrating. I don't care what the devs think, especially considering I only play over hamachi anyway.
---
We're just a million little gods causing rain storms turnin' every good thing to rust.
#10KonovalevPosted 5/21/2009 3:59:05 PM
Why are you all so shortsighted? If you were TRULY opposed to this kid hacking his game, then you would ENCOURAGE HIM to do it. Why?

1 word(read acronym) VAC
While doing this trip VAC? I don't know. But it would be pretty hilarious if it did.