Why does this game take so long to load Single Player?

#1digeyPosted 10/23/2009 8:02:31 PM
So yes I am one of those free weekend users, and I thought I would be nice and learn the ropes through single player before I jump online. However it seems to take forever to load, and no my computer doesn't suck. I am sure of that, is it just a one time chacing thing, or it is single player only?
---
Get into a sniper fight with someone using a mouse and you are using a keyboard if you both have the same skill the mouse will dominate the keyboard-MisterMetal
#2maoricPosted 10/23/2009 8:54:00 PM
It's a bug, something to do with the update messing up caching. TWI is aware of it and is looking into it.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#3digey(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2009 9:15:27 PM
Thanks for the info I found hosting a game makes the load go much quicker...I hate the game less now, 2-3 minute loads was crazy for this games graphic level.
---
Get into a sniper fight with someone using a mouse and you are using a keyboard if you both have the same skill the mouse will dominate the keyboard-MisterMetal
#4maoricPosted 10/23/2009 9:33:30 PM
There's a trick you can do with UE2.5 games that worked for Red Orchestra and Killing Floor before this update. I'm not sure how well it works after the update since I haven't done it yet myself, but I may if it will help with the protracted loading this update introduced.

You can read a forum post about it here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=11052

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#5MegawizardPosted 10/24/2009 1:18:48 PM
I was wondering about that. It was fine for the initial map launch, but when I went on a map change I had thought the game froze before it finally kicked in.
---
"What happens when 2 rockets collide?"-LostProphet24 on TF2
"one becomes a pot of petunias, the other becomes a sperm whale"-scaredofbears
#6HyperRyunPosted 10/24/2009 6:55:08 PM
Will numbers greater than 256 work since this is a newer game and perhaps some improvements have been made? >_>

---
If you're reading this, you just lost the game.
If you are upset about losing the game, I suggest you calm yourself by having a nice, cool, refreshing the game
#7maoricPosted 10/24/2009 7:05:46 PM
I'm not certain, I have never attempted it myself. You could post and see if anyone on the Steam or Tripwire forums had any insight into the matter I guess.

And for the freeze/nearly freeze on map changing, try deleting your System folder in the Killing Floor directory, changing your download server location on Steam, and then verifying your game's file cache. You'll have to set all your options again, but it may help with the freezing.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez