Can you level up perks on custom maps?

#1NovaPosted 1/10/2010 10:01:50 AM
I downloaded a few and none of them are giving any skill ups.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#2Mkilbride2588Posted 1/10/2010 10:17:37 AM
Nope, you can't.

See, Tripwire has this funny idea, buy a game, but not be able to play it the way you wanted to. Some people were abusing custom maps to level perks, but who cares? I'd like to play tons of my friends in beta only maps for a few hours and gain perks.

The "Whitelist" is joke. Tripwire is so much like Infinity Ward removing Dedi's and mods.
---
A Cat is fine too.
#3HypereiaPosted 1/10/2010 10:36:08 AM
I don't agree that the whitelist is a joke, quite the contrary.

If someone were allowed build, play, and distribute easy leveling maps, they would get bored with the game faster and thus lose interest to play.

If people get bored, stop playing, and stop telling players about this game, how will they gain more players?

And without gaining more players and selling more DLC, we'd stop seeing updates for the game, which is counter-productive.
---
EP45-UD3R | E8500 | ZALMAN 9700 NT | 8800GT OC | G.SKILL 8GB DDR2 1066 | Antec 900 | Barracuda 1TB | Win7 Ult x64
PSN: OutOfBlue | GT: DxEntity
#4195431Posted 1/12/2010 5:29:46 PM
the point is i should be able to play the game how i like, especially if it doesnt affect anyone else. it would make sense in a competitive game like cod or halo, but for a purely cooperative game it makes no sense.
---
I have posted in this topic, it is now officially dead.
#5damogamoPosted 1/13/2010 2:24:05 PM
You can play how you like, you just can't level perks.
---
This video has everything! lesbians, robots, parapalegics, a guy with 1 eye and a trans-sexual!
#6Lord BladePosted 1/15/2010 11:48:24 PM
the point is i should be able to play the game how i like, especially if it doesnt affect anyone else. it would make sense in a competitive game like cod or halo, but for a purely cooperative game it makes no sense.

It does affect others. It affects everyone you play with online.

Personally, I'm all for cheating. People can enjoy a single player game any way they want.
Want to be invincible? Go nuts.
Want infinite money? Why not?

But when you play something with or against other players... then cheating is wrong.
Simple as that. It's giving you an advantage over them, which is unfair.

If people start running around with maxed out characters because they're cheating... the people who are playing fairly are going to get fed up and leave.
I know it's not much fun when there's a couple of level 6 guys slaughtering everything on the stage while nobody else gets to do anything.
---
"I'm the pretty one." - Oghren