Unknown steam error

#1alechen56Posted 4/30/2011 1:19:20 PM
Hi guys.

When I try to play solo killing floor, i cant select any perks. i turned off sandbox and all mutators and it still doesnt work. please help. i want to level up faster
#2alechen56(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2011 1:19:49 PM
oops...the error is:
unknown steam error has occurred
#3pizzaman95Posted 5/1/2011 12:56:17 PM
Restart Steam. If that doesn't work verify files.
---
Disperse loyal battle monkies. Do my bidding and bust a cap! -Overlord Zetta, Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
#4dark_matter101Posted 5/5/2011 2:22:49 AM
Sometimes its because you have a modifier selected that disallows perk leveling, make you don't have any selected in the game setup.
#5tcchip82Posted 5/5/2011 4:43:23 AM
Yes this happens when some servers aren't using white/grey listed mutators. Quitting and restarting usually fixes it.
#6kliefoxPosted 5/5/2011 1:12:21 PM
This was a bug I thought they fixed already.

It happens on occasion when playing "solo" instead of alone in "multi-player"

Another thing it might be is that the steam servers are down for maintenance, and therefore information related to your perks aren't accessible at the time you're trying to play.

Sometimes, resetting Steam fixes it the error, re-establishing a connection with the steam servers.

But yeah, avoid playing "solo" mode as it'll sometimes hiccup and prevent you from using and leveling your perks. Just make a password protected "host a listen server" game and it works the same way as playing solo mode, but without the chance of the bug kicking.

Also as suggested, make sure that you're not trying to play on a map that's not shown on the white- or gray-listed maps or mutators

Here's some links showing items to play with that allow perk leveling (or at least use of your perks)

http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_whitelisted_maps

http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/List_of_whitelisted_mutators
---
Trying to make the Internet a better place, one post at a time.
#7blue_mongoose91Posted 5/19/2011 4:14:45 PM

That happened to me when I was trying to do faked players and clot buster. Clot buster WILL disable your perks, so make sure that is off.

#8TheWhangPosted 5/19/2011 9:37:19 PM

From: blue_mongoose91 | Posted: 5/19/2011 5:14:45 PM | #007
That happened to me when I was trying to do faked players and clot buster. Clot buster WILL disable your perks, so make sure that is off.

All of the zombie type specific mutators were de-whitelisted ages ago because people were using them to power level perks.
---
This is me or something like it . . .