Does S.T.A.L.E.R. Call of Pripyat (PC) have 360/gamepad support?

#1dchase2k8Posted 2/9/2010 4:26:05 PM

Let's get this out of the way: I have a big screen plasma TV right next to my computer and would like to be able to sit back on my expensive comfy bean bag and play the game in 1080p on my TV (w/o buying an xbox 360 to do so).

Please do not come into the thread lecturing me on mouse/kb vs gamepad. It's a simple matter of comfort.

Anyway, can anybody confirm whether the game has xbox 360 gamepad support or not?

Thanks!

#2stethnorunPosted 2/9/2010 4:29:41 PM
Not a lecture...but some advice. Just get used to mouse and keyboard on your lap if you intend on PC gaming on a TV. Denying yourself access to good games simply because of that feature (or lack thereof) would be doing yourself a disservice. It may take some time to get used to it (as well as possibly buying a thin piece of wood to place the mouse and keyboard on)...but it will save you a lot of hassle (as well as providing much better control over your games).

Sorry if you viewed this as a lecture, but it was really just advice as one gamer to another. There's no point in fighting the obvious solution.
#3giocarePosted 2/9/2010 4:43:11 PM
Try this topic, it's for the first game but might be compatible with CoP
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=540331&topic=52592091
#4Ron17Posted 2/10/2010 5:35:53 AM

The last two episodes did not support it so i dont think this one will.

#5AczyPosted 2/10/2010 8:58:44 AM
lol gamepad...
---
"The world isn't run by the laws written on paper... its run by people"-Tommy Angelo -MAFIA
#6StalkerWontWorkPosted 2/10/2010 9:45:30 AM
what I did was get a wireless mouse/keyboard set up, and my desk has the keyboard/mouse tray that slides out, so I just take it off, and sit down with it....it is a little awkward I admit, but you cant beat the big screen
#7vick1000Posted 2/10/2010 10:06:15 AM
They make keyboards with trackballs built in. You would just have to get one with the ball in the middle at the bottom, or remap the fire and iron sight bittons to the numberpad keys with one of the typical ones that have it on the right top portion. With a wireless one, it makes usng your PC alot easier around the comfort of your living room, etc. This one has a remote with a trackball on it as well...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823202004

---
Bob Page: "I will burn like the brightest star..."
J.C. Denton: "You're gonna burn alright."
#8XGOUKIPosted 2/10/2010 2:25:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9stethnorunPosted 2/10/2010 2:35:02 PM
We are giving him the BEST answer to the question "What is the best way to play this game on a sofa using my big TV". That's not giving him ****. That's giving him good advice. Why don't you answer his question instead of critiquing our answers.
#10XGOUKIPosted 2/10/2010 2:56:18 PM
the title says: "Does S.T.A.L.E.R. Call of Pripyat (PC) have 360/gamepad support?"

a simple yes or no would sufice.
and the reason why I don't have a answer for him is because I was wondering the same thing myself.