Can you use a controller with this game?

#11Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 8:10:19 PM
I don't want to use xpadder because for certain games, it's just not even worth going through the trouble, even though some games work wonderfully with it.

I know about this the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series menu system. That's one of the main reasons I'm asking this question. The question is not for you guys who use KB/M. This question is mainly for other people who have tried using the 360 controller or other controllers with this game. I'm assuming it has native controller support since it is a Games for windows title, but I want to know how functional it is, and if it works to the point where the game is playable.

Who knows they could have even changed the menu system to flow well with the controller, the creators of this game are even planning on a sequel for the consoles.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H0i1RAdHk
http://i46.tinypic.com/347h3lz.jpg
#12WOCPosted 2/16/2010 9:02:52 PM
There is no support, but if you tried something like xpadder (I have a thing for Pinnacle Game Profiler over it) it's feasible in my mind. You can mimic mouse and double to epic and unequip stuff, move stuff and see stuff or right click and use context menus for things. Drag and drop isn't a necessity.

---
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
#13Lucian04Posted 2/16/2010 11:12:47 PM
Except that Stalkers menu's are already a pain in the ass with a mouse, a controller would be agony, and yes I do have a 360 gamepad hooked to my PC 24/7 btw...

For games that natively support gamepads :p

TBP, even if you got a gamepad working with the game, the gun play is such that using an analog stick would make it totally unbearable. The game screams for pin point accuracy and there is no auto aim, sticky aim or any sort of aim handicap for the game to throw at you. I'm not saying not to use a gamepad, this just isn't the game to be using a gamepad on.

If you remembered how horrid Quake 3 was on the Dreamcast as far as controls were concerned, then you'll know better than to use a gamepad with any stalker game.
---
"I'm a condescending bastard"
- Lucian04 from the Book of Douche
#14WOCPosted 2/17/2010 4:25:35 AM
I rather let someone try it out and find that it's bollocks rather than tell them that it's bollocks in this matter.

---
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
#15HR_JinxXPosted 2/17/2010 7:44:31 AM
ViperXtreme - "In this game, controller controls you!"

I broke out laughing

Krauser_owns - "What's the matter, can't handle the truth?"

Who are you to decide what is true and what is not true? You label your opinions like facts its really misleading. People like Controllers others like keyboards.

So your going to ignorantly assume people must absolutely use keyboard and mouse because its "better"? What if they have carpal tunnel syndrome? Yes extensive use of a keyboard and mouse can cause carpal tunnel syndrome a controller eases it a lot more then the uncomfortable position of a Mouse and keyboard.

Stop forcing your opinions on people, they really just.. don't care. Let them decide what they like to do and how they want to play, its not like your losing out on anything.

As for the TC, If you can manage to get the controller working you can quickly switch to your mouse to use the items menu and such. Its how my friend and I managed to play Splinter cell co-op on the PC, he would switch from his controller to do more complex tasks that were easier for a mouse like hacking yet everything else on the controller.
---
The argument "What about the people without internet?!" Makes me laugh mainly because they are not here to defend themselves.
#16Lucian04Posted 2/17/2010 7:59:09 AM
I'm just speaking from experience.. You know, having played the entire series for nearly 1000 hours combined, figure that would count for something.
---
"I'm a condescending bastard"
- Lucian04 from the Book of Douche
#17Krauser_ownsPosted 2/17/2010 3:41:03 PM

So your going to ignorantly assume people must absolutely use keyboard and mouse because its "better"? What if they have carpal tunnel syndrome? Yes extensive use of a keyboard and mouse can cause carpal tunnel syndrome a controller eases it a lot more then the uncomfortable position of a Mouse and keyboard.

your going to assume
your

Oh boy...
---
Because he's a big, stupid jellyfish!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/Krauser_owns/krauserownsaf9.jpg