What mods do you use?

#1Lucian04Posted 2/23/2010 3:26:35 PM
What I use so far.

New Start (Mine) - Starts you in Loner Outfit w/ only a PM, 32 9x18 rounds, 2 medkits, 2 bandages, and 1000ru

CoP Variation - Gives NPC's various outfits

NMC Terrain Pack 1.0 - Improves the look of Standard Textures with no perf loss.. Best used in DX10 on a 64 bit system.

AtmosFEAR - Improves weather cycles and sky.. It's not nearly as good as S.W.O. for SHoC though.

Various Weapon Skins from FPS Banana - To improve the look of all the base weapons

Pripyat Sound Overhaul - Greatly improves sound effects in game, though Global sounds for weapons need to be adjusted, they sound 3x louder than your own weapons fire.

---
"I'm a condescending bastard"
- Lucian04 from the Book of Douche
#2BogePosted 2/23/2010 3:32:48 PM
I've yet to really get started, but the ones that I'm looking at are:

The variation mod you've posted, the sound overhaul, atmosphere (if I could get it to work), and maybe SMRTER

Couple of questions...

1. How do I know if the variation mod is working? Is there someone at the beginning of the game that should look a certain way?

2. I can't run the game in anything but Static lighting DX9, or DX10 full. The others just tell me the engine stopped working. So how do I get Atmosphere to work?

3. Where is this new start mod of yours? I really enjoy starting as a complete gimp and SLOWLY get better and better.
#3Lucian04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2010 3:42:55 PM
I've only edited the file for myself.. It's simply just the character_general_desc being edited.. Your character profile is the very first one.. I'll upload it tonight.
---
"I'm a condescending bastard"
- Lucian04 from the Book of Douche
#4HR_JinxXPosted 2/23/2010 4:02:40 PM
yeah I'd like that start mod as well. Something I want to see is a mod that makes the game actually hard. I dun like being overpowered and not afraid to die or much of anything.
---
The argument "What about the people without internet?!" Makes me laugh mainly because they are not here to defend themselves.
#5RD_MythicPosted 2/23/2010 4:36:27 PM
Some of those I like:

Improved Sound Effects: Call of Pripyat (1.0)

This replaces the generic low quality default sound files with higher quality ones. Will also fix sound syncing problems with the default weapons. This is a port of Improved Sound Effects for SoC & Clear Sky.

Link: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Improved_Sound_Effects_Call_of_Pripyat_;110737

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Campfire Music! (1.0000)

Adds about sixteen new guitar songs and five harmonica songs, along with the original eleven songs from Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky, for stalkers to play around campfires. GSC made these but for some reason they don't show up in the game, so the author got them working.

Link: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/More_Campfire_Music;105039

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightvision Variations (1.0)

This mod changes the nightvision of the second and third generation to various colors
(the first generation stay in green) and to extend the flashlight scope.

My note: The "Predator" nightvision looks great. =P

Link: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Nightvision_Variations;110607

Sell Everything

Traders in Call of Pripyat will refuse to buy equipment with less than 70% condition, this simple mod will make the traders buy equipment in any condition.

Link: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Sell_Everything;104529

Hope you like it. =P Mostly small modifications, but they do add to the atmosphere. ^^

Copy from a similar topic I replied to some days ago. =)
---
So he dropped the plates? Some friend. I would have used them as throwing weapons, or some sort of deadly frisbee.- Odwolda
#6Bigj089Posted 2/23/2010 6:24:23 PM
Sell everything, real weapon names, and one to make the artifacts larger on the svarog detector.
#7mp21a1Posted 2/23/2010 6:36:32 PM
There's a glitch with your weapon gunshots being quieter than everyone else. Its just more noticeable with the loader sound mods out there.
---
To call its logic tortured is an understatement and an insult to logic.
#8paul1916Posted 2/23/2010 6:47:08 PM
Anyone have a link for some good weapon skins for CoP?
#9scarecr0vvPosted 2/23/2010 6:55:42 PM
"Anyone have a link for some good weapon skins for CoP?"

Any skin for SoC will work for CoP. Check fpsbanana.com and stalker.filefront.com
#10CaladfwichPosted 2/23/2010 6:59:44 PM
I only use the FOV switcher, visible range and svarog mods, don't like to use mods that change the game too much like weapon skins or weather changing ones.