Windows 7 and Mods

#1bernardlewisPosted 4/4/2010 8:37:41 AM

How do you install mods with Windows 7? I can't find my fsgame.ltx file. The stalker folder is in my documents but when I open it all I findare logs, savedgames and shaders. There is also a user.ltx file but is consist of mostly bindings. I can't find the line gamedata to make true. No main directory file either. Any Windows 7 users figure this out yet?

#2Lucian04Posted 4/4/2010 8:56:52 AM
The fsgame.ltx is in it's installation directory, not in my documents.
---
The Harsh Zone: http://tinylink.com/?tVrp4XxqQ1
X3 720 Black Edition @ 3.6ghz // 6GB DDR2 1066 // 1GB HD5830 // Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit
#3whatmustidoPosted 4/4/2010 9:33:08 AM
Also, unless you plan on extracting the .rar's in a folder not in the C drive and copy/pasting the mods into your folder manually, you'll have to disable your security settings. Otherwise winrar/winzip will be unable to extract.

You can copy and paste manually, but it's a pain. Go to the control panel, hit the green System and Security link, and click on Change User Account Control Settings. From there you just set it to never notify you.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#4bernardlewis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2010 10:41:06 AM

I'm really new to Windows 7. I knew my way around XP and 98. I can't find the install file. The only place I can find anything with COP is in my documents. It was the same way with Borderlands. It's not in my program folder.

#5Earthbound_XPosted 4/4/2010 12:45:55 PM

I'm really new to Windows 7. I knew my way around XP and 98. I can't find the install file. The only place I can find anything with COP is in my documents. It was the same way with Borderlands. It's not in my program folder.

Really? I have W7 64-bit, and programs show up in my program files. Did you change the install directory when you installed COP?

W7 isn't all that different from XP.
#6whatmustidoPosted 4/4/2010 2:45:11 PM
C:\Program Files\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat

That's the directory. Copy that and paste it into the search bar.

If you don't know how to do that, just go to my computer, C, program files, BitComposer Games, and you're there.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#7bernardlewis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2010 7:17:38 PM

Thank you Whatmustido! That's where it was located. I have a lot to learn about Windows 7.