SMRTER or Pripyat Complete mod?

#1animonkey1Posted 12/8/2011 9:04:14 PM
I'm planning on re-installing Call of Pripyat this weekend, and would like to do a new playthrough using one of the larger mods available. I know that Pripyat complete and S.M.R.T.E.R are both very popular; would anyone who's used both let me know which they preferred, and why?

Or, if you've used one but not the other, what do you like about it? And if there are other mods you think are superior, please let me know.

Thanks!
#2whatmustidoPosted 12/9/2011 3:52:41 AM
Last time I tried SMRTER, it was noticeably unfinished, I believe. I remember going into a new area in Pripyat and being unable to get out of it, and there weren't any enemies in most of the new areas anyway. It was also considerably harder, in that pseudogiants and chimeras started spawning as soon as you started playing, and they had a pretty high spawn rate in some places. After watching 7 squads of bandits and Stalkers both get torn to shreds, I just started packing a lot of energy drinks and sprinting everywhere. Zombies also spawned a lot more. I remember watching a massive 4 way fight between bandits, Stalkers, zombies, and mutants. After the Stalkers barely won, it was a loot frenzy.

That was a year ago, though, I think. It's probably better now. I know Complete had problems with memory, and that caused it to crash a lot for some people. There were some partial fixes available. It's probably better now, too, but I just don't know. Complete did change the game considerably less, though.
---
Morality is relative and based on opinions. Everyone has a different opinion, so everyone has a different view on what is right or wrong. What is right?
#3ZimpanX(Moderator)Posted 12/10/2011 3:14:22 PM

I would recommend I Work Alone and the TGZ HUD mod.

Both SMRTER and Complete I think feel a bit unfinished.

#4ghstbstrPosted 12/28/2011 11:38:14 AM

The Complete Mod is easily one of the best mods out there for Call of Pripyat. It doesn't really change the game, as it adds some stuff to the game that should have been there already and it makes the entire game look alot better. As for the memory issues I am not having any issues, but the people that are having it have low end computers.

#5Omnipotent_CowPosted 12/28/2011 1:52:20 PM
There is a 3GB .exe available to stop crashing for Complete (along with pretty much any other mod, I imagine.)
#6mOOkPosted 1/1/2012 3:49:48 AM
Complete, because i'm a sucker for graphics. Didn't like the new guns in SMRTER much.

On a side note, misery's coming out soon, looks very promising imo. Increased difficulty, enhanced graphics + monster designs (the new flesh looks creepy as heck), new weapons and an RPG-like system....yum.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery
---
The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
#7GreenMan1986Posted 1/3/2012 8:36:14 AM
I'm in a similar boat but will be playing Call of Pripyat for the first time and will be DLing a mod for my first playthrough.

I've heard of AtmosFear, Complete, and the other two mentioned in this topic.

Also what are the computer requirements for these mods? I'm running an Intel 8400 Dual-Core 3.0 ghz, 2 GB DDR2 800 mhz RAM (will most likely upgrade to 4 GB) and an Nvidia GTX 460 SC 1024 mb GPU.

I know my system can handle the main game, but what does the increased graphic fidelity add to the system?
#8ghstbstrPosted 1/5/2012 11:36:04 AM

Another really great mod that is better than the Complete is called Reloaded. I thought that the Complete mod made the game look good, but that was before I tried the Reloaded mod which makes everything look alot better.

If you like to play Call of Pripyat you should try the mod called Call of Pripyat Reloaded,

Check it out here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-reloaded