Sunraio Event?

#1infidelityPosted 10/27/2010 4:17:45 PM
I am following the true ending walkthrough and the first time i get to Sunraio it says at map two ill have an event battle. nothing happened at map two - any suggestions? i fought the three characters before,

---
"the cure for clinical depression is a lobotomy" - dog fashion disco
#2infidelity(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2010 5:23:25 PM
SPOILERS!!!

ok i got it - i went and recruits hiro rose and yune and the event popped up - but now it brings me to another question - in these bridgette battles should i be killing her (and kaye/vayne)

---
#3SaydeWindsaurPosted 10/27/2010 5:27:42 PM
Just look at the mission objectives before each battle begins. They'll tell you to either defeat them, or defeat only the enemy units while keeping them from getting incapacitated. So there's no guess work involved.
#4touyamizrahiPosted 10/27/2010 5:27:57 PM
i've only battled them 3 times (then i restarted my file because i wanted to use different people and i wasted a ton of pp...d'oh) but as long as the conditions to win/fail allow you to kill them, i so far have each time. you get an accessory/gear/usually something good, from them, so i say let them have it :).
#5DragnflyPosted 10/28/2010 6:51:58 AM
Actually, does that battle start before or after Sunraio Forest 2?

If it starts once you get there - I have the 3 extras (and Snow, the cat girl and Noel) and it's not triggering for me.
If it starts after you leave area 2 - How the heck do you get to that portal? I truggered a fight, smashed the boulder in the water, won the fight, then started bridging with boxes toward the portal but it won't let me jump down off the box and into the portal. And yeah, I have the Chicken alias equipped.

---
Life as a tabletop roleplayer: "And like some drug deal gone bad at Hogwarts everyone pulled out their wands and started blasting."
#6infidelity(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2010 7:20:22 AM
It triggers right when u get to map 2. it triggered for me once I read all the info in the guilds and recruit the three optional characters at old road
---
#7DragnflyPosted 10/28/2010 12:18:36 PM
I make it a point to always read the gossip in the guilds and I had the characters, so that wasn't it.

It turned out pretty weird. I left to the world map and went back in, and all of the sudden the cutscene started once I got to the 2nd map.

*shrugs* At least I don't need to load a new save.
---
Life as a tabletop roleplayer: "And like some drug deal gone bad at Hogwarts everyone pulled out their wands and started blasting."
#8LodorPosted 10/28/2010 3:51:53 PM
The game is majorly flawed in that if you do one map out of order it totally removes stuff from the game.

If you happen to kill the brat trio lvl 20 version before doing the other 3 lower level ones you screw yourself over.

And the stupid part is all their maps unlock at the same time so there is no rime or reason for picking one map over another less you use a cheat sheet like a game guide.