I am so lost

#1jjp05cPosted 5/19/2009 4:54:56 PM
i have no idea what i'm doing in this game.

---
"In your face Lord!" - Homer Simpson
#2kenny520Posted 5/20/2009 1:57:09 PM
idk i just got my itouch and my friend said get is it fun?
---
picsss
NAOOOOO
#3UseMyExciterPosted 5/20/2009 9:51:37 PM
That's why there's hints in the game.

Here's a general idea of what you have to do:

First make your way to the library. There's four undamaged books in there, you can read them to get a general idea of the world and its history, but you don't have to. You will need them later on for clues, though. It wouldn't hurt to at least skim through them now and keep the illustrations in mind, this will help you associate certain books with objects you see in the game, to help you refer back for clues.

In the library, put the red page into the red book, then open it. Then do the same for the blue book. This will give you a general idea of what you need to do in the long run.

Look for marker switches around the island. Turn them on if you see them.

Check out the map of the island in the library. Notice how everywhere a marker switch is turned on, that landmark is indicated on the map. You'll also notice the map is labeled "Tower Rotation." Try clicking the tower and rotate it until it's aligned with one of the landmarks.

Notice the picture of the bookcase in the library. Try clicking on it. That should give you access to the tower.

Once you're in the tower, you'll notice two ladders - one marked with a book, and one marked with a key. The book ladder will show you where you need to go, and the key ladder will give you a hint how to get there.

Once you've solved the puzzle, there should be a book at the area you need to go - follow that book to one of the four ages on the island.

Once you're in the new age you have three main objectives - first, find the book back to Myst. Second, find the red and/or blue pages for the books in the library. Each age has one of each page, but it's up to you which pages you want to take back. Note that you can only hold one page at a time, so you'll need to make at least two trips to the age.

Hopefully that's enough to get you started.
---
http://www.corrupted-justice.com/ ~ You can't spell shotacon without HOT
Join Folding@home PLAYSTATION(R)3 Users team - 55082
#4KyleLitkePosted 5/24/2009 1:03:14 PM
The part I can't figure out is how to get into the tower or whatever. All the walkthroughs (which I was only using because I can't figure this one thing out) just say "Go to elevator, hit button, go up to tower", but when I enter the elevator there's a button that doesn't work that says library. That's it.
#5UseMyExciterPosted 5/24/2009 5:23:02 PM
Close the door
---
http://www.corrupted-justice.com/ ~ You can't spell shotacon without HOT
Join Folding@home PLAYSTATION(R)3 Users team - 55082
#6jjp05c(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2009 3:20:35 PM
thx! I was mostly confused about what the story was supposed to be about, so I just googled it and tried to read enough yet not too much.

I think I'm moving along now.

---
"In your face Lord!" - Homer Simpson