Red and Blue pages - do I have to go back to each age more than once?

#1horrgakxPosted 6/15/2009 4:40:40 AM
So I've visited each area now (with the exception of the very end one) and brought back a page from each. It seems I can't carry more than one page at a time (WTF?!).

So, do I need to re-visit each area and retrieve the other page?
#2CID1Posted 6/19/2009 6:58:51 PM
Yes, you do.
---
Freelance Quality Assurance, L.A. | Current contract: Electronic Arts.
"The Ending Has Not Yet Been Written." ~ Atrus, Myst Series
#3horrgakx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2009 5:11:14 AM
Bugger.
#4CID1Posted 6/24/2009 7:59:55 PM
Tis.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can hint without simply giving away the answer.
---
#5horrgakx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2009 9:16:10 AM
Thanks.

However I have visited each age once (hence my question), but quite honestly can't do with doing them all again.
#6CID1Posted 6/28/2009 1:03:45 PM
The revisits go by really quick. The only one that might take long is The Selenitic Age cause of the train and if you mapped it out the 1st time you'll have no problem.

If you really want I can tell you the trick to go/get right to the ending without getting the rest of the pages.
---
#7horrgakx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2009 1:26:05 AM
Thanks, that would be good.
However, I understand there is another 'age' which is the final one - I would simply like to get to that.
#8CID1Posted 6/29/2009 11:37:20 AM
Sorry for the wait horrgakx1.

Ok. I'll give you a quick summary. Basically by getting all the pages for both books you get the full story from each brother. However you may have found two torn pieces of pages in two of the 4 ages with written on them. If you got both and put each half together it will give you the method of solving "the final age" or how to get to it (as the brother certainly DON'T want you going there).

If you want you can try to find those two pages and figure it out. If so, don't read any further.

Spoiler Answer below!

* Ok, remember those 8 switched you had to turn on across Myst Island? Well simply go back to the 1st one on the dock and turn it off. It will open up and inside there will be a page. Take the page and head to the library.
* Now, remember all those burnt books? Well there is one that has like 300 pages of an assortment of squares all in different patterns. I'm pretty sure it is the far most right book on the middle shelf.
* You may have also noticed that you can enter the fire place and with press of a button lower the door. On this door (from the inside) you can click on sections of it and it will react like mercury and form squares in a sort of grid. This is a combination lock of sorts and that book contains the correct code. You just have to know the page number.
* Ready for it? Got to page 158. That page has the pattern you want to enter into the fireplace door.

Rest should be straight forward. Enjoy!
Oh and here is a link to exactly what to do. A picture by picture walkthrough of just this part.
http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_beat_myst_5_minutes?page=0%2C1

Let me know (if you don't mind) your concluding thoughts, feelings, whatever on the game.

Now that you've finishes Myst, are you going to tackle it's sequel, Riven? A far superior game in every way. And no worries, there isn't any annoying Selenitic Age train like puzzle. It's a great game and if you went through this, it'd be an injustice not to go through Riven. If so, I'm on that board if you want clues and help. Though, you'll have to track down a PC copy of it, I don't think there are any plans for a iPhone version. Later.
---
#9horrgakx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2009 4:44:57 AM
Thanks for that. I completed it, the credits played and I returned to the library.

I looked at the game with interest when it was first released on the PC. For some reason I never bought it, so when it came up on the iPhone I thought my chance had come so I bought the iPhone version.

Some puzzles were very difficult, but enjoyable when cracked. The sound on the 1st gen iPhone is very very poor and I struggled with the sounds sometimes and it (1st gen) isn't a great platform.

A little bit disheartened about returning to areas to collect the second pages but that is my only gripe. Well converted from the PC to iPhone, love it!

Thanks.

PS - if the sequel comes on on the iPhone I'll be sure to buy it.
#10CID1Posted 6/30/2009 7:18:50 AM
Excellent, glad you enjoyed it.

I'd love it if Riven came to the iPhone but it doesn't seem likely. It's the direct sequel. Atrus mentions a foe much greater than his sons. An epic adventure that conclude the event s of the 1st novel.

While this is the only entry on the iPhone/Touch, the Myst series is vast. There are 6 games in total and 3 novels. All the games but URU will run on MAC. If you have a computer, maybe consider getting some of the others.

Anyway, again, glad to here you liked it so much. Even though I own like 3 copies of the game already, I just may get it for my iPod Touch. Take care.
---