ZIg Zag solo tips?

#1rswsc0407Posted 3/25/2010 6:40:19 PM
I'm really good at doing the solos in these games except for when the solo zig zags back and forth like in Sultans of Swing.

Do you guys have any tips on how to get better at doing this?
#2Sapphire_17Posted 3/25/2010 7:42:02 PM
That's not really something you can help with tips. It just takes practice.
---
*Please note that the above post is the poster's opinion ONLY and she in no way means that only her opinion matters*
#3ParosaPosted 3/26/2010 4:04:22 PM

Make sure you have the timing right, that you're not going to fast or too slow. Also, make your speed consistant, don't just spazz your fingers up and down the frets, try to make each press evenly timed with the rest.

#4Sapphire_17Posted 3/26/2010 5:02:47 PM
^ I stand corrected. lol, I never really payed attention to how I did it.
---
*Please note that the above post is the poster's opinion ONLY and she in no way means that only her opinion matters*
#5ParosaPosted 3/26/2010 6:58:27 PM

I just recall having a lot of practice in GH2 where zigzags were frickin' everywhere! -_-

#6Sapphire_17Posted 3/26/2010 7:26:41 PM
I love the zig zags!
I live for them in the solos anymore.
---
#7rswsc0407(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2010 7:22:50 AM
I also had another question, does the same thing apply with the HO/POs as it does with the other regular notes? I'm talking about as long a you're not playing a chord, you can keep all of the lower fret buttons down.

I was thinking of trying to do it like that, for example, say the notes go from R to Y to B and back again(zig zag) I'll start by pressing down R, keeping it held down, press Y and then press B, let up off of B while still keeping the other two fret buttons held down, let up off of Y, hit the R note and then start all over again.

I'm wondering if this is a good way to go?
#8Sapphire_17Posted 3/28/2010 7:53:55 PM
^ Yes, you can do that.
Not on chord HO/PO's though.
---
#9rswsc0407(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2010 8:18:35 AM
Good, I figured that it would work like that.

I guess I'll have to go to Practice after all. I use it very rarely.