This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headbutt not working?

#1CorellonLPosted 5/24/2010 2:55:11 PM
Hey there. So for whatever reason, I can use Headbutt on trees, and nothing comes out. Like, I have headbutted dozens upon dozens of times with no resultant Pokemon. And this is in areas that I know are supposed to work, like the Ilex Forest. (Yes, I've tried other areas as well.) What's up with this?
---
"Chess is a fun little game. It's like watered-down Fire Emblem." -Spitball Sparky
#2Darkushound18Posted 5/24/2010 2:57:46 PM
You aren't guaranteed a pokemon on every headbutt.
#3CorellonL(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2010 2:58:12 PM
Yeah, but after several dozen?
---
"Chess is a fun little game. It's like watered-down Fire Emblem." -Spitball Sparky
#4Alien ManPosted 5/24/2010 3:01:06 PM
Try a different tree maybe.
---
What now...?
#5gamewizard11Posted 5/24/2010 3:02:59 PM
Only certain trees in areas yield pokemon. If one headbutt doesn't make a pokemon show, 100 headbutts also won't make a pokemon show.

Find the few trees or tree that where pokemon do show up, and just continually bash that one. It should make a pokemon show with every headbutt.

Also, certain pokemon can only be caught in certain unique trees (like taillow). Usually these trees will be hidden or require something like rock climb to reach (in the case of taillow).
#6CorellonL(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2010 3:07:08 PM
Oh what. Okay. But if a regular tree outputs, like, a Hoothoot, that doesn't tie it to Hoothoot, does it? Other Forest Pokemon are still attainable?
---
#7gamewizard11Posted 5/24/2010 3:09:43 PM
Yeah, you can still get a variety of pokemon from one tree.