This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cloyster- Ice Shard or Ice BEAM?

#1Justinge3Posted 6/1/2010 9:54:57 AM
Right now my Cloyster knows Ice Beam, Spikes, Surf, and ummmm something else. But its ability is Shell armor, im pretty sure, And I just realized how GOOD Ice Shard is with Skill Link. Should I redo the cloyster but with Ice Shard and Skill Link?
#2MegaBassFalzarPosted 6/1/2010 9:57:47 AM
Do you mean Icicle Spear?
---
By Right of Blood... by Right of the Seven who wove it, I would see through the veil of time!
The world , as they say, has moved on.
#3King_of_FlanPosted 6/1/2010 10:22:59 AM
I think he means Icicle Spear. The only good thing about multi-hit moves is the ability to break subs
---
|{1n6_0f_F|4n
Every time someone thinks I like flan, I help CK kill cats. Number of cats killed: 23
#4GloryChaosPosted 6/1/2010 10:24:35 AM
When Chomp was still OU, Icicle Spear broke through the Yache Berry and killed it off with skill link. But Cloyster is a bad pokemon, so it wasn't really worth it.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
#5PNTempestPosted 6/1/2010 10:53:13 AM
we also came up with stuff like bulky scarf glaceon...but we forgot to take into account chain chomp
---
BladePenguin~Off course you don't get it, It's too advanced for you, hence advance technique.
Proud member of ShinigamiFAQs
#6mexicangordoPosted 6/1/2010 10:55:40 AM
Cloyster is not a bad pokemon, and has been used plenty of times in OU, it is a hard pokemon to use correctly though, and heavily relies on other tanks and special sponges i.e Swampert/ Blissey.

As for Ice Shard or Ice beam, it depends on your team. I personally like Ice Shard better for my spiking cloyster because I am not trying to deal massive amount of damage to my opponent through attacking. Besides, Cloyster is rather on the slow slide.