This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash and Red are the same person

#1OnioniumPosted 6/16/2009 11:00:30 PM
And thus, the glowstick snaps...
---
I hereby proclaim a ban on speaking.
#2Traitor95Posted 6/16/2009 11:03:15 PM
Haha, yea right, next you'll tell me Obama's gonna bring change. Wheres the change Obama!?
---
CODWaW FC: 3867-3886-9668
#3Onionium(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2009 11:04:18 PM
It's in my other pants pocket.
---
#4lil_fudgeeoPosted 6/16/2009 11:05:04 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/index/skeletor.jpg
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - yooooow
---
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss
#5TemporalThunderPosted 6/16/2009 11:31:06 PM
Red is the badass who'd own you up if you sucked. Ash is the little girl who has a lvl 100000000 pikachu that cant beat a lvl10 elekid
---
"We've already been brainwashed by the first 2 games, so that we'll like anything calling itself Golden Sun."- Tetirs
#6SevusPosted 6/16/2009 11:51:20 PM
I'm probably an idiot for taking this seriously, but here goes.

As far as the characters go, Red and Ash are very different. Yes, they started out very similarly as idealistic, naive and somewhat arrogant stock heroes determined to prove themselves in competition. And they were both based on the protagonist from Red/Blue. The difference is that Red was allowed to mature, while Ash can't, or the writers won't be able to cycle him through another region.

That, of course, is using Red from the manga. If you're going by the character from Silver Cave, he's yet another character based on the hero of the originals. "..." represents the silent protagonist bit, while his team consists of the four starting Pokémon from the originals, plus two notable limited Pokémon from the same games (an evolution of the single Eevee you get from Celadon and one of the two Snorlax).

In terms of which character has the closer parallels to him, it's going to have to be manga Red. Said character caught a Pikachu in Viridian City, has owned both a Venusaur and Charizard at one point in the manga (even if owning Charizard was well after Gold/Silver), caught a Snorlax during a bicycle race, and owned a unique Eevee that finally evolved into an Espeon while he was recuperating in Mount Silver's hot springs.

So I guess the true answer to this age old debate (10 years...) is Red =/= Ash or Red.
#7Fallen LeafPosted 6/17/2009 12:49:42 AM
Everytime you say Ash and Red are the same person, many keyboards get wet.
---
I am sooo sleepy. People get up way too early in these parts. I got dragged out of bed. For night owls like Selkies, this is downright painful.
#8Onionium(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2009 11:07:57 AM
My point still stands as no solid proof has been shown to prove otherwise.
---
#9MegagutsPosted 6/17/2009 11:10:44 AM
Ash and Blue are the same person
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
I love lamp. DiamondFC: 2750 1239 9068
#10Lucis_FerrePosted 6/17/2009 11:20:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]