This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What specifically "upgrades" in the Safari Zone?

#1UryvichkPosted 5/3/2010 11:38:02 AM
Alright, I understand placing blocks and the effect that this has on areas, I understand waiting for block upgrades and for certain pokemon, but what nothing seems to make clear is what "thing" actually upgrades.

Here's how I understand it:

1) You place the blocks in an area. Each block that fits the Plains/Forest/Peak/Water group adds 1 to the zone for its respective group. So 6 trees is 6 Forest.

2) At some point, Baoba calls you about the upgrade. Now, each block adds 2 in THAT AREA ONLY, correct? So now 6 trees are 12 Forest, but only if placed in that area?

3) Here's where it starts to get unclear. You CAN remove blocks from the area, or move the area out of rotation, and when you put them back, your 6 trees still count as 12 Forest, and accumulated days toward rare appearances remain (but don't toll while the zone isn't active). Correct?

So it sounds from this like the AREA upgrades, not the blocks. Here's the part I don't get, so if you can answer these questions please do:

* Does it matter what blocks I put in or how many? Can I place a single flower, tree, rock, and puddle in each active zone and get the full upgrade benefit to all plains/forest/peak/water blocks after 10-20 days?

* Is it all blocks, or just blocks placed? If I add a flower, tree, and rock, but no fountain, will plains/forest/peak upgrade but not water?

* Do more blocks speed up upgrading any? If I leave in 6 trees vs. 12, will it level the area slower?

* Do all blocks of a type benefit or just the ones already placed? If I put 1 tree in an area until I get a forest block upgrade, can I then put in 9 more trees and get 20 Forest worth of blocks, or will I get 11?
#2AccrovideogamesPosted 5/3/2010 12:03:50 PM
Check my topic about it in the SoulSilver board, it will answer all of your questions and even more. Serebii even posted a few times in it. I will still answer your questions here but do check the link I put at the end of this post to get more details and information.

Does it matter what blocks I put in or how many? Can I place a single flower, tree, rock, and puddle in each active zone and get the full upgrade benefit to all plains/forest/peak/water blocks after 10-20 days?
You don't even need to put objects for them to level up because it's the area that really levels up. If for example Meadow was open for 20 days, all Plain and Forest objects will forever count as at least two in this area. Rocky and Water objects need 30 and 40 days to level up respectively so you would have to wait another 10 and 20 days.

Is it all blocks, or just blocks placed? If I add a flower, tree, and rock, but no fountain, will plains/forest/peak upgrade but not water?
As I just said in the previous answer, all objects will level up, even water.

Do more blocks speed up upgrading any? If I leave in 6 trees vs. 12, will it level the area slower?
Again, it doesn't matter.

Do all blocks of a type benefit or just the ones already placed? If I put 1 tree in an area until I get a forest block upgrade, can I then put in 9 more trees and get 20 Forest worth of blocks, or will I get 11?
It's funny because all of your questions were answered in my first answer. All objects, even new ones, will forever count as more if the area gained levels.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960100&topic=54501255

---
I'm French speaking.
Attention to PC gamers: www.reclaimyourgame.com/
#3Uryvichk(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2010 12:10:15 PM
In other words, the only thing that matters is how long an area is active? I can leave Marshland sitting there idle but switched in for a month and get upgrades to it, doing absolutely nothing? Then drop a bunch of blocks and they'll work?