This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why was being a pokemon master considered difficult/an honor in canon?

#1ShatteredsunlolPosted 7/14/2010 3:20:25 AM
I mean, was rock/paper/scissors really that difficult for pokemon folk to understand?

In the classic pokemon games + anime all you needed was a tamer who got an abra and bulbasaur, then decided to spend an after noon beating up things in the forest.
#2GroundrattlerPosted 7/14/2010 3:22:37 AM
You clearly have no idea what a Pokemon Master really is.

---
If you can't English anymore, I would recommended to not read of more, as English could an important skills.- Gandob
#3CNash(Moderator)Posted 7/14/2010 3:30:24 AM
The exact qualities that a Pokémon Master must possess is never really stated. It seems to be related to experience - if you've traveled all over the world, learning everything you can about pokémon and competing in battle tournaments or Contests, then you might be able to lay claim to the title of Pokémon Master... after a couple of decades.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#4GroundrattlerPosted 7/14/2010 3:42:23 AM
The exact qualities that a Pokémon Master must possess is never really stated. It seems to be related to experience - if you've traveled all over the world, learning everything you can about pokémon and competing in battle tournaments or Contests, then you might be able to lay claim to the title of Pokémon Master... after a couple of decades.

Close, but no.

Being a Pokemon Master myself, I can tell you that it involves proving yourself to the League of Pokemon Masters to be a trainer with a noble heart and soul, and a strong love for Pokemon. You must past many tests and trails to see yourself worthy of the title.

Beyond that however, I am not allowed to talk about it much, so I cannot outline specifics.

I actually made a topic a while ago about having people "audition" to become a Pokemon Master, a once in a lifetime thing, however, it was moderated, greatly offending me and my Pokemon Master peers, and so no such event will take place in the future, at least not for a while.

If I have not made it clear, being a Pokemon Master is a incredible honour, and requires dedication and courage, and people who falsely claim to be a Pokemon Master is one of the things that offends me the most, only surpassed by the direct harm or mistreatment of Pokemon.

Now, there are many examples of Pokemon Masters in the games, who have had their power reduced significantly in order for the player to stand a chance against them. These include Red, Gym Leader Chuck and Pyramid King Brandon.
---
If you can't English anymore, I would recommended to not read of more, as English could an important skills.- Gandob
#5Shatteredsunlol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2010 3:48:31 AM
But you can beat every single person in the pokemon world using a venosaur + alakazam in the original pokemon settings.

You could fight the elite 4 using 24 pokemon in a row without break and still win just using 2.

Pokemon master = strongest in the world.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&cn=Shatteredsun
#6JE19426Posted 7/14/2010 3:54:48 AM
"Pokemon master = strongest in the world."

So I take you have some proof of this?

---
Things I dislike: People that talk about religion on video game forums and people that refer to FF4 and FF6 as FF2 and FF3 without explaining it.
#7evenged7xPosted 7/14/2010 4:31:44 AM
Pokemon Master =/= Champion
---
I wish i could explode like megaman when i die!
#8GroundrattlerPosted 7/14/2010 5:02:37 AM
Pokemon master = strongest in the world.

Not true, since there is obviously more than one Pokemon Master.
---
#9nintensoldierPosted 7/14/2010 5:28:38 AM
Groundrattler is the only troll on the pokemon boards that provides me lulz.
---
Check qoute for FC's. Hax laughs at Theorymon.
#10thehitmanzackPosted 7/14/2010 11:00:37 AM
I think being a Pokemon Master would mean, having enough know-how of the games, every Pokemon in your PC at level 100 with their best stats, and having just about every game in the hand held series, because lets face it, the only good console games are the stadium, Colosseum, and Battle Revolution games. However this would mean every time a new generation game comes out you loose your title, lol.
---
Welcome to Loserville! Population: You!!