This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this game get me anything?

#1ShadowRisaePosted 6/25/2012 3:14:07 AM
tl;dr version
I have all Pokemon from gen 4 in other games. I never played Gold/Silver and thus there's no nostalgia for me. Is HeartGold/SoulSilver worth playing at all or should I just buy Black/White instead since they actually have new Pokemon?

long version
I played Pokemon during the Red/Blue/Yellow days. Never had a Gameboy Color so I never played Gold/Silver. I got back into Pokemon during the Ruby/Sapphire days and played every single Pokemon game up through Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I went to every in-person event and downloaded every single event Pokemon legitly during that timeframe. Because of that, I have, or have access to (via evolutions I can get), every single Pokemon that existed before Black/White.

Is it at all worth playing HeartGold/SoulSilver? Because of me skipping the Gold/Silver games during the Gameboy Color days, there's not even nostalgia for me there.

I've been thinking about getting back into Pokemon (even though it irritates me that I've already missed getting some event Pokemon legitly) and not sure if I should play these or skip straight to Black/White. I'm leaning towards skipping to Black/White, but I wanted to hear feedback from people who have actually played HeartGold/SoulSilver.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#2EthanTrainerPosted 6/25/2012 3:35:56 AM
ShadowRisae posted...
tl;dr version
I have all Pokemon from gen 4 in other games. I never played Gold/Silver and thus there's no nostalgia for me. Is HeartGold/SoulSilver worth playing at all or should I just buy Black/White instead since they actually have new Pokemon?

long version
I played Pokemon during the Red/Blue/Yellow days. Never had a Gameboy Color so I never played Gold/Silver. I got back into Pokemon during the Ruby/Sapphire days and played every single Pokemon game up through Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I went to every in-person event and downloaded every single event Pokemon legitly during that timeframe. Because of that, I have, or have access to (via evolutions I can get), every single Pokemon that existed before Black/White.

Is it at all worth playing HeartGold/SoulSilver? Because of me skipping the Gold/Silver games during the Gameboy Color days, there's not even nostalgia for me there.

I've been thinking about getting back into Pokemon (even though it irritates me that I've already missed getting some event Pokemon legitly) and not sure if I should play these or skip straight to Black/White. I'm leaning towards skipping to Black/White, but I wanted to hear feedback from people who have actually played HeartGold/SoulSilver.

If I am not wrong, then HGSS is the only game where you can catch Ho-oh, Lugia, and, Mewtwo other than Gen 3.
---
Pokemon Heart Gold Friend Code - 3439 8633 1167
#3kecleonixPosted 6/25/2012 7:22:35 AM
Many people (including myself) consider the Johto storyline to be the best out of all the pokemon games. Even though you might not "get anything," I would still recommend it purely for the experience. That's just my opinion though.
#4ShadowRisae(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 8:35:54 PM
EthanTrainer posted...

If I am not wrong, then HGSS is the only game where you can catch Ho-oh, Lugia, and, Mewtwo other than Gen 3.

Yeah, probably is. I've got those from Gen 3 + the Gamecube games though.

kecleonix posted...
Many people (including myself) consider the Johto storyline to be the best out of all the pokemon games. Even though you might not "get anything," I would still recommend it purely for the experience. That's just my opinion though.

I've heard Black/White has the best story "so far". I have no idea how it compares to the Johto story though since those are the only 2 generations I haven't played.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.