The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy heart gold or diamond?

#1SadCubsFanPosted 7/1/2012 3:37:09 PM
I played diamond up until the mine town I think. How close was i to beating it? I would have to start over

I have never played heart gold but I played the version on gameboy color already
#2DC_Trog90Posted 7/1/2012 6:43:21 PM
Definitely heartgold. It has the most content and is overall exciting and you wont get bored since there are 16 gyms and more!
---
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!
#3EthanTrainerPosted 7/2/2012 3:21:21 AM
It depends on the type of pokemon you want, altough if that's the case then I would het HG, but bear in mind that if you buy Heart Gold and not Diamond, you won't be able to get the following pokemon :
Azelf
Mesprit
Uxie
Cresselia
Heatran
Dialga / Giratina
In Heart Gold there is an event through which you can get either Giratina / Dialga / Palkia*

*Palkia is not obtainable in Diamond.
---
Pokemon Heart Gold Friend Code - 3439 8633 1167
Come to the Generation 4/5 Coalition for all your needs
#4Link64DSPosted 7/2/2012 8:30:51 AM
I've had more fun playing HG than playing Diamond. You will probably miss out on some Sinnoh/Hoenn pokemon, but HG got enough content to keep you entertained for a long while!
---
Pokemon diamond fc:0215 7797 3568
Ducks own you!
#5SaintZetsuPosted 7/2/2012 8:48:53 AM
Diamond. Both of the regions are watered down and not very unique, so 16 gyms is pretty meaningless.
---
The plural form of a word can be made by adding "s" at the end of a word. No useless apostrophes needed!
#6DC_Trog90Posted 7/2/2012 10:41:21 AM
SaintZetsu posted...
Diamond. Both of the regions are watered down and not very unique, so 16 gyms is pretty meaningless.

Diamond seems very slow in everything plus sinnoh pokes are meh. IMO though, whatever is fun to you.
---
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!
#7kecleonixPosted 7/2/2012 11:01:16 AM
If you choose not to buy heart gold, at the very least buy platinum instead of diamond. Platinum is basically diamond but better.
#8HighOnPhazonPosted 7/2/2012 3:51:27 PM
I would get HG/SS.

Much more content, better Pokemon.
---
Diablo 3 Inferno Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4
GT: AncientToaster
#9mothballsPosted 7/2/2012 4:00:25 PM
SaintZetsu posted...

people who say this never really think that fast pacing from gym to gym can actually be a better thing.

while the low levels of wild pokes in HGSS suck, its defendanley the better game. consider platinum before diamond.
---
“We are losing money not because of pirates; we are losing money because people decided not to buy our game.” -CD Projekt dev
#10SpeedDemon20Posted 7/2/2012 6:53:10 PM
HeartGold, imo. But between HeartGold and Platinum, I would get Platinum.

---
http://www.playdota.com/img/art/2858/fanart/f1244804694.jpg
I hate resorting to violence...