This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about Battle Tower How do i fight the boss?

#1MasterH0310Posted 7/27/2012 10:38:10 PM
Every time i enter single challange in battle frontier battle tower it logs me out after 7 wins? Whats the Deal with that? I know i have to get 21 consecutive wins to fight the boss and another 49 consecutive wins to fight his 2nd form but why does it not let me continue my win streak? any advice or answers would be much appreciated
#2Brandon042487Posted 7/27/2012 11:18:46 PM(edited)
The Battle Tower is identical to the Battle Tower in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. It is the northernmost facility in the Battle Frontier, and has a direct path to it from the entrance. It is on a large, glass platform that elevates above all the other facilities, making it the head of the Battle Frontier. The same small boy who stands in front of the Battle Tower in Hoenn's Battle Frontier, is also standing outside this one.

The player battles seven Trainers consecutively in a simple knock-out, progressively becoming more difficult. Before entering, Trainers will choose three Pokémon to battle, their level reduced to 50. Players are not allowed to bring Pokémon with the same items here. Consumed items, such as Berries, will be replaced after each battle. The player's Pokémon will also be healed completely after each battle. Players will then have the option to continue, rest, retire, or get their most recent battle recorded on their Vs. Recorder. The difficulty of battles here is based on how many rounds the player endures; the first round features fast opponents, the second round has opponent's Pokémon holding items, and starting in the third round, opponents begin to use strategic battle combinations.

There are also a number of other challenges in the Battle Tower that other facilities don't have. Multi battles can be conducted, following the format found in the other two challenges. Before the challenge begins, players can choose one among Riley, Cheryl, Buck, Mira, and Marley as their partner, though in Platinum, they must be met in certain areas before they will appear in the Tower. Each partner specializes in a different Pokémon stat, and different Pokémon. There is also another feature that allows the player to randomly download a team using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which will then begin to appear in the player's Battle Tower challenges. One can also upload their team to the database to be downloaded by another player.

Palmer is the Frontier Brain for the Battle Tower. He can be challenged after 21 consecutive battles. His first lineup is filled with fully evolved Pokémon, with high stats to match. Once defeated, he will give away the silver commemorative print. Palmer can be challenged again after 49 consecutive battles, and will give away the gold commemorative print when defeated. He uses different Pokémon during the second match, battling with three legendary Pokémon.

Src = http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Battle_Tower
---
Time... line?
Time isn't made of lines! It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round.
#3Brandon042487Posted 7/27/2012 11:34:09 PM
Tl;Dr version

Each round consists of 7 battles each, after the seventh win you go to the lobby, rest, save, maybe tweak your team, collect some apricorns, then go back in for another 7 battles.
---
Time... line?
Time isn't made of lines! It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round.
#4PizzusPosted 7/28/2012 1:53:15 PM
So: go in three times, win every battle.
---
Consider this signature an outdated and groan-inducing meme.