This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to challenge Elite 4 - am I ready?

#1sotcokamiPosted 10/2/2012 1:19:43 PM
... all right, so I'm about to challenge the Elite 4... the first time. But, am I ready? Here's my team and their moves:

Graveler Level 45
-Earthquake
-Rock Throw
-Magnitude
-Rock Smash

Ampharos Level 47
-Thunder Punch
-Signal Beam
-Thundershock
-Discharge

Lapras Level 45
-Ice Beam
-Brine
-Water Pulse
-Body Slam

Gyarados Level 45
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Tail

Machoke Level 45
-Submission
-Vital Throw
-Strength
-Cross Chop

Although I also still have my Typhlosion:
Typhlosion Level 45
-Flame Wheel
-Lava Plume
-Swift
-Flame Thrower

would she be better for the fights instead of one of the above? (Although I'd still like to use Lapras for Lance and Ho-oh for Bruno).

...th-thanks for the suggestions...>_>
#2RygonPosted 10/2/2012 2:19:43 PM(edited)
I beat it at 43 and was able to sweep the first three trainers with one pokemon each. The forth wasn't much harder and the Champ is easy enough if you just have potions and wear him down. Gyrados should be a good fit there. You only listed 6 pokemon I think and talk about the last one replacing one of the earlier 5. Did you forget one?

EDIT: Oh I see you mention Ho-oh at the end so that probably took Typhlosion's place. Ho-oh is probably better. For me he could out type two trainers there with his fire and psychic moves. And he was so good as a fire type he beat Charizard with fire moves. Why did you avoid Perish song with your Lapras? Did you think it was cheap? With it, your Lapras would be by far the best on your team and you wouldn't actually have to do anything to the last member of each opposing team.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#3sotcokami(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2012 3:30:42 PM
Rygon posted...
I beat it at 43 and was able to sweep the first three trainers with one pokemon each. The forth wasn't much harder and the Champ is easy enough if you just have potions and wear him down. Gyrados should be a good fit there. You only listed 6 pokemon I think and talk about the last one replacing one of the earlier 5. Did you forget one?

EDIT: Oh I see you mention Ho-oh at the end so that probably took Typhlosion's place. Ho-oh is probably better. For me he could out type two trainers there with his fire and psychic moves. And he was so good as a fire type he beat Charizard with fire moves. Why did you avoid Perish song with your Lapras? Did you think it was cheap? With it, your Lapras would be by far the best on your team and you wouldn't actually have to do anything to the last member of each opposing team.

Thanks for your input!

And... I actually got rid of Perish Song to make room for another move while training, and didn't want to have my Lapras fainting, too... until I figured, for fights like these, I could have switched her out with another Pokemon, so only the opposing Pokemon would faint. While it sounds cheap, it also sounds really useful. Although I could always re-teach it to my Lapras with the Move relearner with a Heart Scale, right? (Depending on how rare those are from the rocks that can be broken via Rock Smash.)
#4RygonPosted 10/2/2012 3:41:19 PM(edited)
I don't know much about the re-leaning moves, but Perish Song is crazy good. Like broken. They always save their best or maybe second best pokemon for last and then he's doomed because there is no one to switch with. As long as you have two pokemon you win. Has done wonders for me and I expect it to be an integral part of my strategy against Red. He's the best trainer in the world, I'm not gonna overpower him.

Alternatively it sort of works like roar or whirlwind and you can use it to force the opponent to switch.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108