This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can connect HG/SS to WPA with DSi but not 3DS?

#1jeffdogworthyPosted 10/6/2012 1:06:00 AM(edited)
I know for an absolute fact that my Soulsilver version connects to WiFi successfully on my DSi when I have it set up for the "advanced WPA" connection, so I know that Soulsilver does support WPA.

What I don't understand is how to set up the same setting on my 3DS, because when I play a DS game on my 3DS it does not even list the option for the advanced WPA connection that my DSi did by default. My 3DS can connect successfully to play 3DS games because they go off the 3DS connection settings, but when its in "ds mode" it only gives me the 3 basic slots for a typical WEP connection and I don't know how to bypass that.

Does that make sense and can anyone share some insight?
#2Wings of FortePosted 10/8/2012 8:23:41 PM
You have to go to system settings-> Internet Settings -> and go to DS Connections. You'll be prompted to enter the set up WiFi for like the regular internet controls.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#3Ih8uguysPosted 10/9/2012 6:33:52 AM
Black and White had wpa I don't remember ever being able to connect with wpa on heart gold or soul siver.
---
I'm not your buddy, guy.
#4mothballsPosted 10/9/2012 8:36:56 AM
no HGSS can't do it. as they are not DSi games.
---
“We are losing money not because of pirates; we are losing money because people decided not to buy our game.” -CD Projekt dev