This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny Badge Quest/ion (c wut i did thar?)

#1JJCTroyPosted 11/18/2012 5:34:46 PM
Anyway, I have questions about what constitutes a shiny badge quest.

All I know so far:

You must obtain one 1/8192 chanced shiny Pokemon before each badge.

My questions:

1) Does that mean I need to capture 16 shiny Pokemon, or are 8 for the first 8 badges good enough?

2) Also, what if I happen to be lucky enough to capture a 2nd shiny Pokemon between 2 badges? For instance, if I capture a shiny Ratatta and a shiny Hoothoot after getting my first badge but before getting my 2nd, does that count for both badges? Or do I absolutely HAVE to capture at least one shiny Pokemon before EACH badge?

Thanks in advance for the help.
#2IrisVilePosted 11/19/2012 7:57:50 AM
What is this?
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#3DreamsaberPosted 11/19/2012 8:55:54 AM
Why is this?
---
You opened a debate, and I'll be damned if you're not going to finish it. ~smashbrother3
#4JJCTroy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:14:12 PM
1) Shiny badge quest.

2) I don't know.

I guess shiny badge quests remain YouTube exclusives.
#5Mariofan15Posted 11/19/2012 6:56:15 PM
This is a stupid and ridiculous challenge. What nitwit would attempt this?
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#6JJCTroy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:47:18 PM
No need to PMS.

But to answer your question, I suppose those who are interested would attempt it; just like any other challenge that may seem unnecessary.
#7Mariofan15Posted 11/19/2012 9:56:52 PM
No need to PMS.

But to answer your question, I suppose those who are interested would attempt it; just like any other challenge that may seem unnecessary.

Funny. I didnt realize calling something like this stupid was PMS. And this isnt even a challenge. You have to hunt for freaking weeks just to get 1 shiny. And that's if you even get lucky. There's no challenge to this since it's all luck.
---
#8JJCTroy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:38:23 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
No need to PMS.

Funny. I didnt realize calling something like this stupid was PMS. And this isnt even a challenge. You have to hunt for freaking weeks just to get 1 shiny. And that's if you even get lucky. There's no challenge to this since it's all luck.

"This is a stupid and ridiculous challenge. What nitwit would attempt this?"

Simply using the vocabulary you chose. No hard feelings. :P
#9Mariofan15Posted 11/20/2012 4:15:17 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
No need to PMS.

"This is a stupid and ridiculous challenge. What nitwit would attempt this?"

Simply using the vocabulary you chose. No hard feelings. :P

Except that isnt PMS.Dont use a word you dont understand.
---
#10Njp1589Posted 11/21/2012 6:57:45 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Except that isnt PMS.Dont use a word you dont understand.

While this is technically a true statement, PMS has taken several meanings in mainstream society.

There is, of course, the traditional meaning of "PMS" as a noun, which is literally the "Premenstrual Syndrome." This would be an incorrect usage in this case.

However, there is the more colloquial usage "to PMS" which is usually used to describe general irritability, often in response to what someone feels is an unwarranted or undeserved attack, snap, or insult. I believe this is more likely the usage that OP meant to convey. To be honest, I too felt that the comment he was referring to was worded in such a way as to convey an insult to OP.

To answer OP's topic... this seems like an extremely tedious quest to go on, therefore I would recommend you make it as easy as possible on yourself. After all, the odds are so astronomically against you, this is really more of a time sink than anything...
---
WARNING: I am a mediocre gamer. Don't take what I say too seriously.
PSN: njp1589, Steam: njp1589, HG FC: 1679 1987 5253