This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shiny snorlax

#1The_OrignalPosted 3/23/2013 9:49:55 AM
Hey guys Im soft resetting to get shiny snorlax. It's been my second day and still no luck. I've saved in front of snorlax with my poke gear set to the poke flute, did I do anything wrong to lose the shiny? Or I am just fine?
#2megasean3000Posted 3/24/2013 5:25:16 AM
I'm in my fourth day of trying to get a Shiny Rayquaza, and it ain't no picnic getting a Shiny Pokemon, lemme tell yah.

But yes, as far as I hear, there's nothing that stops you getting shiny Pokemon, it all just comes down to luck. The odds of finding one are 1/8192 after all. That's like filling a bowl with 8192 balls and finding the gold ball instantly. But bear in mind even if you do encounter 8191 Snorlax, you won't find it the next time around. That's just the odds of finding one, not how many Pokemon it'll take to find it.

But its just a waiting game, all you have to do is commit and not give up, no matter how long it takes.
---
PSN name: megasean3000/Platinums: 16
Pokemon Black FC: 3697 - 8755 - 1662
#3The_Orignal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:37:57 PM
so you are saying that i can still get a shiny snorlax but the odds of getting one will always be 1/8192 for every encounter?
#4LilispherePosted 3/24/2013 7:41:39 PM
The_Orignal posted...
so you are saying that i can still get a shiny snorlax but the odds of getting one will always be 1/8192 for every encounter?

Yes he is.

I wouldn't have the patience to do that myself <_<
---
Entitled PC gamers
#5FishOfPainPosted 3/26/2013 12:38:07 PM
You're doing it the fastest way, but it'll still take a looong time. If my calculations are correct, you'll have about 55% chance of having met your shiny after 8000 tries. At a run of 16 000 it's still only a 79% chance that you've got a shiny and even at 40 000 runs you can still be unlucky enough to be on the other side of the 98%.

Hopefully you'll get it, but the odds are really against you. Oh, and it often feels like you've reset much more often that you actually have; it gets boring after about 20 resets. So good luck. :)
---
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
#6The_Orignal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:49:58 PM
It's been five days I'm at about an estimated 2500 soft resets no shiny yet
#7The_Orignal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 2:04:07 PM
I think I got lucky with shiny ho oh before I started the soft reset for snorlax http://instagram.com/p/XNGdfRBRbZ/
#8olmansilverpantPosted 3/26/2013 3:52:08 PM
I feel sorry for you dude. I have a shiny snorlax if you're getting desperate
---
Hulk using X-Factor is like Hulk smoking PCP. There is no stopping him after that.
XBL GT: LHR Kev Mac
#9riceboyee12Posted 3/27/2013 5:34:09 AM
Y u not use action replay?
---
Here comes the Asian Invasion.
PSN: riceboyee12
#10CosmoesisPosted 3/27/2013 12:13:50 PM
Lilisphere posted...
The_Orignal posted...

Yes he is.

I wouldn't have the patience to do that myself <_<

I tried once. Then I gave up after about an hour. Part of the reason for this is that you may not catch the shinny for reasons like running out of balls, you killing it or it killing you. If I spend 4 days trying to get a shinny, find it and then can't catch it and have to start all over again I'd be P.O.'d Starters are a different story because you get them no matter what but even still, I just want to start my pokemon journey