This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This game got disconitued!

#1KyuutoryuuPosted 10/26/2013 11:20:10 PM
Wow, I'm holding my first valuable.
---
3DS: 4441-8248-1091
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kyuutoryuu
#2WizardofHothPosted 10/27/2013 8:51:10 AM
I think Game Freak shut down the whole online wi fi thing for HeartGold or something.

I was just playing around in GoldenRod City to try to use online wifi to try to trade with someone for a Groudon on HeartGold.

Server connection error came up so I guess its an older connection the game has or something.

So Game Freak shuts down online wi fi trading for HeartGold and possible Platinum but at least they still have online going on for White 2 and Black 2 which is fine by me.
#3jakethenoobPosted 10/28/2013 8:30:09 PM
I was planning on buying this game but for some reason the prices are ridiculous.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#4helldewPosted 10/30/2013 12:56:46 AM
because people have been really wanting copies of HG/SS because X and Y came out and a lot of people played G/S/C but not the later games but picked up X and Y and wanted to relive the older games. also prior to X and Y the prices hiked hardcore in anticipation
---
Opening up a Youtube/Facebook channel check me out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-dew/385088068261207
#5MannyCavPosted 11/4/2013 10:41:25 AM
WizardofHoth posted...
I think Game Freak shut down the whole online wi fi thing for HeartGold or something.

I was just playing around in GoldenRod City to try to use online wifi to try to trade with someone for a Groudon on HeartGold.

Server connection error came up so I guess its an older connection the game has or something.

So Game Freak shuts down online wi fi trading for HeartGold and possible Platinum but at least they still have online going on for White 2 and Black 2 which is fine by me.

The Goldenrod WFC trading still works for me. For the sake of us 4 geners, I'm hoping they still keep it around since there's a lot of us around still playing these games.
#6JamieK1981Posted 11/5/2013 2:18:32 PM
Actually, anything pre X and Y is being discontinued it seems.
#7JamieK1981Posted 11/10/2013 2:43:18 AM
MannyCav posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

The Goldenrod WFC trading still works for me. For the sake of us 4 geners, I'm hoping they still keep it around since there's a lot of us around still playing these games.

Well, i personally think they should release a new Pokemon game for the 3ds, that covers all the regions, you can choose where to start and all that, then you could technically do what Ash does in the Anime, going through the different regions, going only with his original starter, though obviously it won't be pikachu, it will be the starter of the first region you picked at the start of the game.

It would be quite fun to play, but then i am sure people will come up with things like 'but then if they can visit every single region, then trading will be no longer required to fully finish the pokedex' yeah, i don't think i ever saw Ash finish any of the pokedex's in any of the regions.

I think it would be quite cool to be honest to see a game like that on the 3ds....Come on, i know, even though it will likely, never, EVER happen, you guys would have to think it would be a cool thing to happen, if it did happen.

Even if you started in Kanto, it would still be using Generation 6 type tables....it would be awesome.
#8omgitsjustmePosted 11/17/2013 12:16:11 AM
JamieK1981 posted...
MannyCav posted...
WizardofHoth posted...

Well, i personally think they should release a new Pokemon game for the 3ds, that covers all the regions, you can choose where to start and all that, then you could technically do what Ash does in the Anime, going through the different regions, going only with his original starter, though obviously it won't be pikachu, it will be the starter of the first region you picked at the start of the game.

It would be quite fun to play, but then i am sure people will come up with things like 'but then if they can visit every single region, then trading will be no longer required to fully finish the pokedex' yeah, i don't think i ever saw Ash finish any of the pokedex's in any of the regions.

I think it would be quite cool to be honest to see a game like that on the 3ds....Come on, i know, even though it will likely, never, EVER happen, you guys would have to think it would be a cool thing to happen, if it did happen.

Even if you started in Kanto, it would still be using Generation 6 type tables....it would be awesome.

Gamefreak won't earn money though

And besides, The new leveling system makes it ridiulously easy to get a level 100. Solo run with Vivilon, and it reaches level 100 before the victory road. 10 rounds of the elite 4, and my froakie gained levels up to level 70. Besides, above 2/3 regions and every trainer is level 100, with the difficulty curve they're using
---
3DS: 5215-0643-4172
Ground safari: Camerupt, Phanpy, Diggersby
#9PinkPikachuPosted 11/17/2013 4:25:13 PM
I want to buy this game again but its too damn expensive
#10nwowwe723Posted 11/20/2013 7:05:31 AM
PinkPikachu posted...
I want to buy this game again but its too damn expensive

Yeah really. I'm glad I was able to pick up this game earlier this year. It was still overpriced for a used game (I had to pay $40), but I went into the same store earlier this week and they now want $45 for it. It's more than it cost when it was new and you don't even get the pokewalker with it any more.
---
Late last night and the night before, Tommyknockers Tommyknockers knocking at the door.