This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can I evolve my scyther now that the servers are down?

#1Puka_PikaPosted 7/6/2014 7:11:50 PM
I have both HG and SS, but I can't figure out how to trade between the two. It says I have to go online to get a friend code, but.. Yeah. No servers. Anyone know how I could evolve it, or can I still get a FC?

I'm also open to any Action Replay methods, if that's the only way o3o
---
"My Wonderland is shattered. It's dead to me!" - Alice: Madness Returns
#2BlissedIgnorancPosted 7/6/2014 8:27:22 PM
You need two DS's to trade evolve now.
---
3DS FC: 3754 7732 9971 Fighting Safari - Meditite, Sawk, Tyrogue
#3Puka_Pika(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 6:24:05 AM
Figured it out ^.^

For those who find this on google:

1. Go to the first pokemon center in both games

2. Talk to the middle lady

3. In ONE game, talk to the other person (this should be your other DS) and ask for a trade. If you talk to each other at the same time, it'll fail.

Remember: this will only work if both are DS or DSi systems. One will work with the other, just so you know. If you're using a 3DS, you have to change the security setting or something. If I remember correctly, it's the bottom one. Pretty sure it starts with W. Change it back though, the thread I found this out on said this setting isn't as safe as the default.
---
"When the world tells you to lengthen your shorts, you must shorten them." - Gerard Way
#4NebulaBluePosted 7/14/2014 11:42:16 PM
is local trading really a distant memory now? :x
#5MasterAlex89Posted 7/15/2014 10:09:52 PM
No, local trading still works. I have Heartgold on a DS LIte and my friend has Soulsilver on a 2DS. We locally trade regularly for evolutions and exclusives, and have done so since the shutdown. I have wifi in my place, but im not sure if that's required.
#6Ratchet_Fan8Posted 7/27/2014 4:43:39 PM
Puka_Pika posted...
Figured it out ^.^

For those who find this on google:

1. Go to the first pokemon center in both games

2. Talk to the middle lady

3. In ONE game, talk to the other person (this should be your other DS) and ask for a trade. If you talk to each other at the same time, it'll fail.

Remember: this will only work if both are DS or DSi systems. One will work with the other, just so you know. If you're using a 3DS, you have to change the security setting or something. If I remember correctly, it's the bottom one. Pretty sure it starts with W. Change it back though, the thread I found this out on said this setting isn't as safe as the default.

how da F does it work
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou.html
#7dark-falcon64Posted 7/27/2014 8:00:18 PM
I think you need a metal coat for scyther to hold