This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good Moveset for Electabuzz

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Good Moveset for Electabuzz
6 years ago#1
Electabuzz is one of my favorite Pokemon. I want to know what would be a decent moveset for it without evolving into Electivire.

Oh yeah, and don't dare say go to smogon because they only have fully evolved pokemon movesets. Fairly lame if you ask me!

I was thinking

Thunderbolt
Light Screen
Thunder Wave
????

Thanks in advance
6 years ago#2
Smogon will have Electabuzz sets for gens 1-3, just use the gen 3 sets as templates then look at the new gen IV moves and decide if you should add them.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Riddle me this, riddle me that
6 years ago#3
smogon.com
6 years ago#4
The guy said NOT to direct him to Smogon... anyway, what I would do, is go to Serebii, compare his base stats, look at what moves he can learn and try to build your own set.
---
I am the King, Emperor, Shogun and Grandmaster of Mio Akiyama fanboyism.
Mio>Azu>Ritsu>Mugi>Yui
6 years ago#5
He said don't list Smogon because they only have fully evolved Pokemon listed, but as I just said Electabuzz only evolved in Gen IV thus he has sets listed for gens 1-3 so just look at them for a basis.
---
"You don't need a reason to help people"
Riddle me this, riddle me that
6 years ago#6
I basically live on serebii. I have 2 tabs up for it now. Base Sp.Att is higher than att but the only attacks that i like the look of Psychic. However, psychic isn't that great for type coverage. Focus blast is too unreliable. I suppose there is always Hidden Power
6 years ago#7
True, but Hidden Power is a right pain to get the type and power you want. I've never bothered with it, personally. I remember Xavier saying once, that if you're willing to spend countless hours of your time breeding just for a good Hidden Power, you take winning too seriously. But it's your call. Have fun experimenting with Electabuzz movesets ;)
---
I am the King, Emperor, Shogun and Grandmaster of Mio Akiyama fanboyism.
Mio>Azu>Ritsu>Mugi>Yui
6 years ago#8
Anything works ingame. Though, it's ALOT easier when you aren't completely walled by any Ground type >_>

For a "competitive" Electabuzz set off the top of my head (he is, or should be, allowed in UU, so...):
Electabuzz @ LO/ Expert Belt/ Spex
Timid/Modest - 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 HP
~ Thunder Bolt
~ HP [Ice]
~ Focus Blast (I don't play UU, but there's probably room for a mixed set with a physical Fighting attack, here)
~ filler (Sub and Toxic are my first choices, Psychic and Signal Beam are my second - but, like I said, I don't play UU)
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise.What a wonderful world such would be...
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon HeartGold Version
  3. Good Moveset for Electabuzz

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived