This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any trick to voltorb flip?

#1CronoreiPosted 3/13/2010 8:42:15 PM
Sometimes you end up just getting into a guess situation. Like you have 2 rows and 2 columns with 3 free slots each, 2 voltorbs each and one 3x card each. any card can be right or wrong and it kinda sucks when you lose a large amount of coins and drop rank guessing.

---
Forever, Fornever.
#2DarkSideOfBluePosted 3/13/2010 8:46:58 PM
the trick is to not be greedy. It's all about luck, and not tempting murphy's law.
#3DarkSideOfBluePosted 3/13/2010 8:48:04 PM
Basically, know when to quit.
#4Cronorei(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2010 8:48:56 PM
Quitting also causes you to drop rank, but I can see what you mean. I'm up to 800 coins, wanting to get a Dratini but I may come back later.
---
Forever, Fornever.
#5DarkSideOfBluePosted 3/13/2010 8:51:41 PM
Coins for the game corner are the one thing I can use an action replay for without a guilty conscious.

But still, the flip game gives off a minesweeper feel, so even though i fully intend to cheat for coins, I'm having fun with it.
#6jmido8Posted 3/13/2010 9:10:21 PM
The voltorb game is pretty easy until about level 7. You just have to be good at math and counting. For example, if you see any of the following setups, go into the markup thingy and put a dot on all the squares for that row... 4-1, 1-4, 3-2, 2-3, 0-5. Until level 7+, you should be able to mathematically figure which space will have what without having to guess.
#7Fissure_XPosted 3/15/2010 12:39:06 PM
I'm confused, when you put 1-4, 4-1, etc, what numbers am i looking at for that?

Is it number of voltorbs?

Like on the grid the one on the bottom has 1 votlorb, moving up it's grid to one that has 4 or something?
#8jayman7Posted 3/15/2010 12:42:24 PM
There ARE times when it's luck. But there are patterns. Learn to recognize "dead rows" - where everything in a row is a 1 or Voltorb - and DO NOT TOUCH. Dead rows will happen when the sum of the two numbers beside the row/column add up to exactly 5. They will also occur in partially-uncovered rows when:

Sum of numbers = 5 + a + 2b

a = Number of uncovered 2s
b = Number of uncovered 3s
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"Game Series 1 is the best because it set the stage for better games!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#9LinkofHyrule991Posted 3/15/2010 12:44:56 PM
I can easily identify the "dead rows" but after doing that it's luck if you want to not drop down a level
---
You've lost the game. -Near
#10jayman7Posted 3/15/2010 12:51:14 PM
I've heard a theory that you'll only be bumped to a lower level if the number of panels you uncover (including 1s) is less than your current level - but I'm not sure that's the case. Whatever the case, you should ignore the "know when to quit" post in this topic - losing MIGHT drop you to level 1, but quitting WILL, and if the theory is right, quitting at a point when you'd be knocked down to level 1 isn't even worth it, because you won't have any coins to risk losing!
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"Game Series 1 is the best because it set the stage for better games!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere