This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shuckle Question and Power Trick...

#1eddiegamer91Posted 3/18/2010 3:39:52 PM
I want to train a power trick/Trick Room Shuckle. It wouldn't know trick room, I'd have a lead use Trick Room at the beginning of the match, and I want to train a shuckle that knows power trick, Earthquake, maybe Accupressure, and another move, like maybe strength or something.

First of all, If I EV train it's attack stat, the EV'd attack points would remain on the attack number after the power trick, right? like, if I have 252 attack EVs then they will become Defense EVs temporarily for the power trick? or will the stat points gained from those EVs remain on Attack?

Second, how can I teach Shuckle Earthquake without TM? is it possible? could I breed it with a Geodude to get a shuckle that knows earthquake?

If I have to use a TM, is there any other way to get another Earthquake TM?

Finally, What do you think of this setup, and please rate/fix it for me

Shuckle
Gluttony
Adamant
150 Defense EVs, 100 attack EVs, 160 Sp. Defense EVs, 100 HP evs
Power Trick
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Rest/Accupressure

Do you think This would work? do you think that once it swaps its attack and defense on this setup that it will be able to take some hits?
---
I was there for Veterans day CElute:3 suicides. On this glorious day we salute Ultima_slayer for his bravery. About 15 h 45 min.
#273h_1337Posted 3/18/2010 3:41:24 PM
no, and just to let you know you should always max shuckle's HP
#3eddiegamer91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 3:47:06 PM
No to what? Earthquake? everything?
---
I was there for Veterans day CElute:3 suicides. On this glorious day we salute Ultima_slayer for his bravery. About 15 h 45 min.
#494067Posted 3/18/2010 4:01:14 PM

I want to train a power trick/Trick Room Shuckle.

No you don't, but if you insist...

First of all, If I EV train it's attack stat, the EV'd attack points would remain on the attack number after the power trick, right? like, if I have 252 attack EVs then they will become Defense EVs temporarily for the power trick? or will the stat points gained from those EVs remain on Attack?

You're overcomplicating things here. Power Trick swaps your Defense and Attack stats, since EVs increase a certain stat, if you gave Shuckle 252 Def EVs, it'd be the same as giving him 252 Atk EVs under PT.

Second, how can I teach Shuckle Earthquake without TM? is it possible? could I breed it with a Geodude to get a shuckle that knows earthquake?

By TM. Males pass down TMs when breeding, so if you had a Male Geodude and a female Shuckle, the baby would know EQ. I don't see why you want EQ though, unless you just want a generic powerful physical attack.

If I have to use a TM, is there any other way to get another Earthquake TM?

People (myself) give them away fairly frequently on the trade boards.

Do you think This would work? do you think that once it swaps its attack and defense on this setup that it will be able to take some hits?

Acupressure (and the rest of this) is a terribad idea, and with one hit, Shuckle will die.
---
17 games reviewed to date; latest review: Glory of Heracles (DS) Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA)
http://backloggery.com/94067
#5PentaoPosted 3/18/2010 4:07:55 PM
Power Trick Shuckle isn't really meant for Singles, it's meant for well executed Doubles strategies, namely being able to time Trick Room and Power Swap perfectly that you end up using Power Swap at the end of the turn but still get off Trick Room regardless, meanwhile you have to be able to support Shuckle with a Pokemon that can use Follow Me.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[Gamertag: Pentao] [Platinum FC: 1419 2581 0848]
#6eddiegamer91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2010 4:10:15 PM
That's a pretty cool Idea with the doubles... how well does it work?
---
#794067Posted 3/18/2010 4:11:17 PM
Abysmally.
---
17 games reviewed to date; latest review: Glory of Heracles (DS) Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA)
http://backloggery.com/94067
#8FrostaquaPosted 3/18/2010 4:12:01 PM
Well, Power Trick Shuckle is good against any Pokemon contains special moves only, since Special Defense is unchanged during the Power Trick effect.