This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where to find an early water type?

#1PineappleDonkeyPosted 3/18/2010 7:03:05 PM
I just finished the lighthouse after the 4th gym but i have to surf somewhere but I dont have a water type. Where can I find a (preferably good) water type early?
#2Domimatrix66Posted 3/18/2010 7:04:04 PM
You can get Wooper in the grass at night by the Pokemon Center before Union Cave.
#3Nasada19Posted 3/18/2010 7:04:09 PM
Get a fishing rod and fish? Get a whooper at like level 6 in the grass... Lots of water types.
---
I hate Persona 4
#4Strain42Posted 3/18/2010 7:04:41 PM
A house in Olivine City gives you the Good Rod, then you can catch pretty much any good water type.

If you don't have an electric type I would go for Chinchou, get yourself a Lanturn
---
Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42
#5JAWHN18Posted 3/18/2010 7:05:11 PM
<_<
good rod that you find on olivine city. one of the small houses down the gym.
Then fish were the ship on the water and you should fin a krabby, chinchow or shelder idk if staryu
#6soccaprodiPosted 3/18/2010 7:07:50 PM
All over the place. There's Slowpoke in Slowpoke well, and I believe you can surf and find Poliwags in certain small water patches. Psyducks and Golducks are also found in the surf water above Goldenrod city.

As for non Water type surfers, there are Tauros (great pokemon but poor Special Attack stat for surfing), Miltank, Furret, and Nidoking/Queen.

I also really don't mind Tentacool and Tentacruel. Fantastic special defense, Surf provides a good damaging attack, and Toxic Spikes is also great.
---
Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia, Heart Gold, Fire Emblem, Reverse of Arcadia
Reading: Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandoes, The Unwritten, Starman.
#7brawl4funPosted 3/18/2010 7:11:19 PM
I caught a MAGIKARP . I just wanted it because splash is so badass
---
Do I really need one? This space is wasted. Anyway HG:4082 7697 6144 Name: Brian. Still looking for a SS Groudon to borrow for my HG Kyogre.
#8adamoldenPosted 3/18/2010 7:13:25 PM
I wish they'd make SPLASH able to do damage, like one in a thousand times, and have it be like a OHKO move that wipes out the entire party of the other team...lol..like it creates a giant wave of water somehow that creates a tsunami, and just destroys everything...that way I could actually keep my shiny magikarp on the team and not use it as a not so rare red gyrados..