This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with Pokeathlon

#1Slowpokes_SlowPosted 3/29/2010 9:14:57 AM
I need help with Circle Push, Pennant Capture, and the Disc Jimp thing

With the push, what is the best strategy? I nearly had it, but Arceus was shoved out of the ring and off the Platform >.>

With the disc one, I heard that you can fly. How?

With Pennant, any tips? I can never ram my opponent's back, but they always ram mine. Halp ;.; Oh, and Control issues keep me from gathering as many as I want. Is there a trick to it, or...?
#21337_FF_GoDPosted 3/29/2010 9:18:16 AM

From: Slowpokes_Slow | Posted: 3/29/2010 12:14:57 PM | #001
With the push, what is the best strategy? I nearly had it, but Arceus was shoved out of the ring and off the Platform >.>

With the disc one, I heard that you can fly. How?

Jump while moving. That's the easiest game.

With Pennant, any tips? I can never ram my opponent's back, but they always ram mine. Halp ;.; Oh, and Control issues keep me from gathering as many as I want. Is there a trick to it, or...?

No tips, the game is just hard. I managed to beat it by 1 point.

Circle Push = High Power and Endurance
Pennant Capture = High Skill and Speed
Disc Jump = High Jump and Speed.

---
Name: Kraust Pokedex: 315 FC: 4383-4154-1098
Catching Pokemon faster than I know what to do with them
#3NESKamikazePosted 3/29/2010 9:57:36 AM
Circle Push: Always go for the big numbers and use smaller Pokemon so they all three can fit on a five.

Disc Jump: Have a couple Pokemon be in the front to disrupt the CPUs and have your best jump/speed Pokemon sit in the five row to catch everything.

Pennant Capture: I don't know if you are going for the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score or the potential medal score, because I still haven't gotten the potential medal here. But the best strategy for me is to loop around the edges, because sometimes you can get 7-9 just in one trip. If the loop is empty then cut through the middle and switch out.
---
Pearl FC: 0688 7099 9636
Name: KamikaZ
#4Shadowater68Posted 3/29/2010 12:38:41 PM
Circle Push: Always go for the big numbers and use smaller Pokemon so they all three can fit on a five.

Any strong, small Pokemon? Arceus and Giratina are what I have been using (along with Heracross, if I recall) so that I could have the power needed to shove opponents back

Disc Jump: Have a couple Pokemon be in the front to disrupt the CPUs and have your best jump/speed Pokemon sit in the five row to catch everything.

Haven't had much luck with disrupting them. They keep flocking to the back to screw with me ;.;

Pennant Capture: I don't know if you are going for the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score or the potential medal score, because I still haven't gotten the potential medal here. But the best strategy for me is to loop around the edges, because sometimes you can get 7-9 just in one trip. If the loop is empty then cut through the middle and switch out.

I''m going for 36+ to beat the Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile score. I do loop around the edges. It's the return trip that kills me. The cpu CAMPS their Pokemon in the later part of the game, waits until I have collected 5+ flags, then rams me in the back, while at the same time managing to avoid all my attempts at ramming them =/
---
Petition to add the General Pokemon Board to Pokemon Game Split Boards:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=52997926